Python Forum
Fun for music experimenters
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun for music experimenters
Hi Larz,
I love music and thanks for sharing links with others but I have few sites from where I can play and download my favorite tracks free of cost.
Quote:Ooooof. This is before my time, and I can't imagine spending that much.
In one of my early Kilobaud Magazine articles, I mentioned that the increased memory usage was no longer a big problem since 8K memory boards (static RAM no less!) were now available for only $395.00.

Look what's happened since then: 256 Gigabyte memory sticks, everyday single unit price $49.99 Microcenter (Cambridge Ma, next door to MIT)
i got 48k on my Apple ][

and filled up, often

was programming in 6502 assembly

if Python was around, then, i probably would have been hooked, then
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I wrote and made modifications to educational video games for Readers Digest (Yes they sold video games back in the early days) on Apple II-e. Most were written in forth with embedded 6502 assembler to dither graphics (if you could call it that) which gave you more than just green and orange for colors.
yeah, i did those colors on mine.

i was even doing some limited multitasking. i had a split screen (12 and 12 lines) with half running integer BASIC (that's what my machine had in ROM) and the other half running a terminal i wrote dialed up to one of my mainframes at 300 baud.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I think I still have a couple of 4004 chips, and these were experimental ones that my dad got for me in 1970 just as they were being released. Ceramic case, dual 8 DIP with gold pins and rf shield.
you could write a 4004 emulator in python and on today's processors it would run circles around the real original hardware. it would be more fun to emulate it at the gate level (i forget the name of the program that could do that).