Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Help
Hello Board,

I'm new to python and I've recieved the error message below. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

In the future, post error messages as code, not screenshots please. Supply more information about what you did to get this error. Is this code you wrote, or code you downloaded from somewhere? What version of python are you using?
(Sep-08-2023, 12:36 PM)deanhystad Wrote: In the future, post error messages as code, not screenshots please. Supply more information about what you did to get this error. Is this code you wrote, or code you downloaded from somewhere? What version of python are you using?

Got it and apologize. This is code that someone wrote that left their job. I'm using Python 3.11. The code seemed to be working fine until I updated the excel file it reads.
My guess would be that the excel file has a column that is supposed to be all integers, but you entered something that is not a number. When the datatype for a column cannot be discerned by the contents, the default is to treat the data as strings. Somewhere in the program there is a comparison made between two columns, or values from two columns, and it could not be done because the datatype for the columns are not compatable.

Can you post the code?