Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTFS app
I must create an application, which can generate SHP files from GTFS datas (these are simple txt. files)

Parameters:

i (--input) input parameter(obligatory) which reveals the place of the GTFS datas' zip. The program should check at the start if the files are existing or not and if the zip contains the necessary files (shapes.txt, stops.txt)

o (--output) output parameter(optional) which defines where (map) the "result files" should go. Before the start we need to check if this map exists, where we want to put the "result files". If the user isn't giving an "o" parameter then the shape file needs to be created in a map, which containing the program.

h (--help) it gives help to the user for using the program

While processing everything should be stored in memory. I should make classes according to the functionalities.

https://github.com/transportforcairo/Metro-GTFS

Can you help me please?
We are glad to help to the best of our ability, but we are not going to do it for you. Please post your code, any traceback, etc. in respective tags. Ask specific questions. As this looks like homework I move the thread to respective sub-forum.
I understand, but honestly I don't know how to start. Im studying geography and this is just an obligatory course.
I thought that you can solve my problem easily because I guess you are not an average user of python. Please save my butt!
This is above 'absolute beginner level' assignment, so I would guess you have covered quite a lot of material in this course. So I would suggest you show us your best attempt at solving this and ask specific questions on problems you may have. This is not going to work in any other way. If you don't follow my advise, i will be forced to lock down this thread.
I would expect you can get some good ideas by watching this video
David Beasley does a metro package of Chicago in one of his tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPZza_vZ3w