Python Forum
General advise for building a video manager
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General advise for building a video manager
Hi, I am a newbie to Python, though had built a small game as a practice already some months ago.

My real aim is to build a video library manager for the large collections ( thousands ) of video clips from my years of travels. So I can categorise them by keywords of the content, genre etc., sort hem by creation date/time, tags, labels etc. and create play list and play them in certain desired orders.

So I need to access and write into the file attributes, e.g. tag, label, time stamps etc.

The video play I am thinking of using is VLC, assuming that it has a library callable from Python. I can see one of the problems would be to rotate a video 180 degree, as they are shot with the camera up-side-down when mounted in a vehicle.

What library would I need to look into to start look at manipulating files attributes in general, and video files in particular, such as .mov, .mts, .mp4, .mpg etc.

Any pointer would be most appreciated.

cheers
take a look at: http://python-thumbnails.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to create an app manager _ShevaKadu 8 3,784 Nov-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: _ShevaKadu
  I need advise with developing a brute forcing script fatjuicypython 11 5,049 Aug-21-2020, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Marbelous
  Absolutely new to python - basic advise needed mariolucas75 2 2,060 Jun-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Yoriz
  Please, advise collections for my task AlekseyPython 1 2,095 Sep-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  Context Manager (with) wyattbiker 3 3,775 Jul-23-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: snippsat