Python Forum
Access Flask Web App from External Browser - IIS
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Flask Web App from External Browser - IIS
HI,

I have moved over to Python Web Development from aspx and VB. I have create a simple flask web app using vs2019 that runs perfectly in LocalHost on IIS. I have previously been able to create a simple vb webapp and access it after I have updated the bindings for a web application in IIS.

I have tried to do the same with the Python web app. Although when I access the IP address of the server, I get a blank page (with no error)... Can anyone help or offer any advice on access the web app from an external browser please?

Many thanks,

FioranoSnake
What is the status code of the response? Is the server actually receiving the request and processing it?
Hi, I get a blank screen.. How can I check if the server is receiving the request?
I know you get a blank screen. Check the status code of the request in the browser, or use a tool like curl to make the request on the command line. Remember that it's returned in the request headers, not the body.

As for checking that the server is receiving the request, are you logging anything when you process the request? If not, do so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  webdriver.remote to connect back existing browser without open new browser? gahhon 6 6,730 Feb-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: gahhon
  Flask return http status code 200 but web browser not recive supernoobs 2 10,663 Dec-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Unisoftdev
  Flask: Error output to the browser instead of error_log nikos 1 2,752 Sep-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: thomasp
  Enable error logging to browser for Python's Flask under Apache + mod_wsgi nikos 1 3,044 Sep-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: nikos