Python Forum
Google rank; One more to go
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google rank; One more to go
i usually use a different browser that is not logged into any google accounts, and is on a proxy or tor to jump around IP's. I still always get .org first, and io second. On yahoo or duckduckgo we are still on 5/6th while .org is #1. 

Its only a matter of time before we are #1. Content keeps getting added to this forum while no new content is added to the old.

If you look at the stats of each site we are on the right track. 

python-forum.org (at the time of closing)
Quote:Posts per day: 27.75
Threads per day: 6.85
Members per day: 5.23
Threads: 10452
Members: 7975

python-forum.io (right now)
Quote:Posts per day: 62.84
Threads per day: 10
Members per day: 5.32
Posts per member: 11.8
Threads per member: 1.88
Replies per thread: 5.28
Threads: 2,230
Members: 1,187
Recommended Tutorials:
(Apr-12-2017, 02:01 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: I use StartPage.  Still uses the Google, but hides originating IP.

Me too. I can't stand Google  Angel
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Maybe we can get archie and gopher working again
I read about Gopher but never seen it
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
There was no web.
All was done from a terminal.
Archie was an indexer for ftp archives.
I seem to recall oak.oakland.edu was one of the best ftp sites

Gopher was the google of the day. I can't remember the exact format that was returned when
a search was done, but it was all text. As soon as HTML surfaced, gofer was left in it's hole.
(Apr-12-2017, 02:40 PM)metulburr Wrote: i usually use a different browser that is not logged into any google accounts, and is on a proxy or tor to jump around IP's. I still always get .org first, and io second. On yahoo or duckduckgo we are still on 5/6th while .org is #1.

On my Google searches (and I have no Google id or even Google cookies) .io is first and .org is second. The icing on the cake is that the "sample" for .org says "The forum has moved. Click this link to go to python-forum.io. Please make a new account there to continue discussions and questions. This forum has been ..."...

On DDG we are still 7th, though.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Apr-12-2017, 06:08 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The icing on the cake is that the "sample" for .org says "The forum has moved. Click this link to go to python-forum.io. Please make a new account there to continue discussions and questions. This forum has been ..."...
Im not even sure how that happened. :) But it works.

odd, i have never seen io before org yet
Recommended Tutorials:
Perhaps its result of geolocation? Googling python forum on lynx/no cookies gives me 1. io, 2. org from UK, but 1. org, 2. io from Netherlands.
Yes Geolocation make a difference,testing a little with my VPN which has servers in 53 countries.
So we are on first place a lot of places,just some random countries not all 53 Sleepy
Nr-1 in:
France, Russia, UK, Spain, Switzerland, Finland, Japan, Australia, South Africa.
(Apr-12-2017, 06:08 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: On DDG we are still 7th, though.

I'm getting 6th on DDG (Duck Duck Go, right?). I thought they didn't track.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  google rank #1? metulburr 9 5,933 Aug-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: metulburr