• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google rank; One more to go
Now to bypass our old forum  Smile

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=python+forum

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
Time to burn it to the ground?
Old site work good as a referral site weekly dashboard.
1,175 referral  Wink
(Dec-21-2016, 11:57 PM)snippsat Wrote: Old site work good as a referral site weekly dashboard.
1,175 referral  Wink

hmm guess we cant burn it just yet  Dodgy
I think if Taos came in at this point and cut us off on that site, we would be able to hold our own, but it surely does help with traffic.

Im glad to see the help docs in the top 5 poplar pages :)
Recommended Tutorials:
Could we not maintain the referrals by making the whole forum one big "go here" post?
I just moved a multi-threaded timer class from there to snippets here
There's still some good stuff there that others have not yet moved
(Dec-22-2016, 05:20 AM)micseydel Wrote: Could we not maintain the referrals by making the whole forum one big "go here" post?

Thats a good point
Recommended Tutorials:
(Dec-22-2016, 10:08 PM)metulburr Wrote:
(Dec-22-2016, 05:20 AM)micseydel Wrote: Could we not maintain the referrals by making the whole forum one big "go here" post?
Thats a good point
(Dec-22-2016, 12:41 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: There's still some good stuff there that others have not yet moved
We should start doing it on individual threads, which will help with bookmarks and such for at least a while. I haven't looked at the Google analytics, but are we able to tell what pages from the old site are acting as referrals? If it's a few big ones, that would suggest that we're in a better spot to burn it down, but if it's lot of little pages then we definitely want to hold off.
Im not 100% sure if im reading it correctly....... but it looks like the referrals are mainly from the index page (the notification link), and the sticky http://python-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21033 Although it doesnt look like it gets the end part of the url. 
Of course that would make sense, as the only links back here are those links. There are of course the ones from tutorials, but that is about it.

EDIT:
I just remembered our signatures linked here too....so i guess it could be anywhere.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
What are people's thoughts on banning the search engines? I bet that helps knock it down  :)

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  google rank #1? metulburr 9 5,918 Aug-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: metulburr