Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Grade System Help
Hello, fellow Python programmers!

I'm new to Python and programming, as I'm a freshmen in College rn. In my class, we went over how to assign a letter grade to a numerical input from a user. I know how to do all that jazz. But I want to take it a step further and go out of my class to create a whole system for a class. Example: Store the names of however many students I gave then assign each student say 5 classes(all the same 5 for rn) and give them a numerical and letter grade. I know I can do this with an Excel Spreadsheet, but I wanted to see if there was a way I could do this on Python to show my professor and maybe impress him. If you have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated if you put them in the comments below. Thank you for your time.
Have you gone over dictionaries and lists yet?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
@ichabod801
We sort of gone over lists, but not Dictionaries or Arrays. I have used a simple list before to find the greatest number out of a list and then it displays the greatest number. So not in class. I know very little about lists.
You need to know dictionaries and lists to do what you want to do, at least if you want to impress your professor. There are tutorials on them in the tutorials section of these forums, and you can find lots more by searching on 'python list tutorial' or 'python dictionary tutorial'. I would read some of those, and if you're still not sure how to do it, come back and talk to us.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coding problem portfolio grade max70990 1 739 Dec-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Difference between os.system("clear") and os.system("cls") chmsrohit 7 16,654 Jan-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ykumar34
Question Difference between Python's os.system and Perl's system command Agile741 13 6,852 Dec-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Agile741
  Cant get grade part of code to work correctly Expel 5 2,685 Jul-10-2019, 05:09 AM
Last Post: perfringo