Python Forum
Having an issue installing pygame
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having an issue installing pygame
Hello all, I tried installing pygame with pip install pygame and the following error is what I received:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: 'c:\users\gavin\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\python.exe' -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\gavin\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-w7pas89q\\pygame\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\gavin\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-w7pas89q\\pygame\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base 'C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-pip-egg-info-nqg6tcvu'
cwd: C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-w7pas89q\pygame\
Complete output (17 lines):

WARNING, No "Setup" File Exists, Running "buildconfig/config.py"
Using WINDOWS configuration...

Download prebuilts to "prebuilt_downloads" and copy to "./prebuilt-x64"? [Y/n]Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-w7pas89q\pygame\setup.py", line 194, in <module>
buildconfig.config.main(AUTO_CONFIG)
File "C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-w7pas89q\pygame\buildconfig\config.py", line 210, in main
deps = CFG.main(**kwds)
File "C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-w7pas89q\pygame\buildconfig\config_win.py", line 576, in main
and download_win_prebuilt.ask(**download_kwargs):
File "C:\Users\gavin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-w7pas89q\pygame\buildconfig\download_win_prebuilt.py", line 302, in ask
reply = raw_input(
EOFError: EOF when reading a line
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

Anyone able to help me solve this?/ thank you!
I havent used Windows in a long time....i cant remember the method anymore, but you can try
pip3 install pygame
It seems like a lot of people are having problems with the latest python version and pygame. I would try python3.8.X and its relevant pygame version for now.

BAsed on this it looks like its attempting to install pygame for python2.x
(Oct-25-2020, 05:09 PM)JetimLee Wrote: reply = raw_input(

check this for a full list of troubleshooting
https://python-forum.io/Thread-PyGame-In...leshooting
Recommended Tutorials: