Python Forum
Hello python community!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello python community!
I'd like to say hello to everyone on these forums and also introduce myself.

My name is, "eddiemyson". I am a "disabled" vet, bored with nothing much else to do, that I would want to do. I have a wife, son, and enrolled at Devry Univsersity online. I'm going for a cybersecurity degree, but that is subject to change based on my independent studies and figuring out my destiny. Currently, I am learning Python via Youtube and picking up small picks of information from google searches.

Is anyone else here also a beginner with Python? If you are, what do you plan to do with your knowledge of programming? How are you learning the basics?

The following question is for those with intermediate knowledge:
Now that you have acquired the basic skills and are reaching out into doing more technical programming, what are your goals? What are you working on?

The following question is for the pros:
Now that you have have mastered Python, what are you doing? What are your goals? What would you reccomend to me being a young Python padawan?

Thank you my friends for reading this post.
I would put myself somewhere around Intermediate.

I'm learning new libraries, opening new doors. Picked up some other languages like Java and C++. Improving on what I currently know. Moving from "beginner" libraries to more advanced ones. Most importantly though, I've begun teaching some beginners Python too. Planning to expand on all my skill sets for now. No set goal in mind.
Wow sounds like you've accomplished quite alot. I'm currently learning some of the terminology and understanding how things work, and why they work that way. What strings are, how to write lines of code, and variables. If you have any advise for me, I'm all ears, (or "eyes" since im just reading).
To become better in python always remember the line - "Practice makes Perfect." It is perfect in this situation
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs
Welcome eddiemyson.
We have A List of Free Python Resources you can look at.
Or in general look in Tutorials part of forum.
Quote:Now that you have have mastered Python, what are you doing? What are your goals? What would you reccomend to me being a young Python padawan?
There is lot of stuff Python can do,so ecosystem is really big.
It's okay to learn the basic of Python before diving in all stuff Python can do.

We have a New Users Introduce Yourself,but not moving you Thread now.
Hello Snippsat, thank you for providing me with resources. I will jump right into those links, (appreciate it).
But with all do respect if you don't mind answering the question since you are a pro, personally what are you doing with your skillset? (other then helping beginners on the forums). What are you working towards?
(Jun-15-2020, 10:38 AM)eddiemyson Wrote: The following question is for the pros:
Now that you have have mastered Python, what are you doing? What are your goals? What would you reccomend to me being a young Python padawan?

I dont consider myself a pro. 10 years ago or so i started learning it on my own . I initially wanted to game programming when i started programming. Then i quickly learned other things such as web scraping and GUI, etc. But the last few years i have not programmed much. It was never my intention to become a career, but a hobby anyways. But i enjoy with helping this python forum community since it helped me. So i will do what it takes to help maintain the forum, even if i am not programming anymore.

I agree with pyzyx3qwerty, practice, practice, practice. The more time devoted to programming, the better you become. There will be times you struggle, there will be times you throw out code and restart from scratch, sometimes you may need breaks, but don't give up and keep going.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Jun-15-2020, 10:38 AM)eddiemyson Wrote: The following question is for those with intermediate knowledge:
Now that you have acquired the basic skills and are reaching out into doing more technical programming, what are your goals? What are you working on?

I would consider myself an intermediate.
I don't use python for a living, more of a self-taught hobbyist, like metulburr, I can go for periods where I don't use python at all.
I make use of python at work now and then to automate things, I have python code I wrote that I use most days but only occasionally write it.
I like problem-solving, so a lot of my code is in the form of answering questions on the forum, which at times can be questionable code Tongue
I do use python for my work, but I do my work for fun.

I'm at a point in my life where I wouldn't have to work if I chose not to, but if you stop working in my opinion you might just as well buy a Lily, get into a box and close the lid.

I have worked professionally as a software engineer (since 1968) in two separate fields:
Spectra-chemical Instrumentation design and development,
Telecommunications routing and call processing.
Plus a bit of CAD/CAM design thrown in.

In the past, (starting early 80's) C and C++ were language of choice.
I dabbled in python ever since it emerged in 1991
Beginning in 2013 I began using Python almost exclusively, for one reason (in the beginning), and that
was the plethora of packages on any subject you could think of (PyPi ). I still use C for some
electronics projects (I'm a licensed Amateur Radio Operator ( Ham ), and C is, In my opinion still
easier to use when tweaking bits).

I find Python a Joy to use, and learn something new everyday.

Hoping to continue for many more years.