Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
literate programming
A Python beginner, I am writing up some python code that would be more understandable with some latex documentation (producing a PDF) with mathematical explanations. Is there some accepted standard way of doing this? Is it possible to read a PDF file during a Python session? Is Knuth's "literate programming" used much with Python?
There are many packages that wrap latex for python. I cannot recommend using or not using any of them, you will have to try those that look like they might do what you want, and select yourself, but the list is here: https://pypi.org/search/?q=+latex
Maybe Jupyter notebook delivers required functionality.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
(Feb-13-2019, 11:05 AM)DavidEpstein Wrote: Is there some accepted standard way of doing this?
The standard way is as mention bye @perfringo to use Jupyter notebook.
Jupyter notebook render Latex.
Quote:Notebook documents:
a representation of all content visible in the web application,
including inputs and outputs of the computations, explanatory text, mathematics, graphs, images,
and rich media representations of objects.
For more examples look at A gallery of interesting Jupyter Notebooks.