Python Forum
Help running an r package - COMPLETE PYTHON BEGINNER
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help running an r package - COMPLETE PYTHON BEGINNER
Hi guys,

I know this is probably going to be a bit of a long shot, but the internet is usually a helpful and friendly place. Basically I am in the process of writing my dissertation for Chemistry degree, I am doing it on air pollution and I need to analyse 100s of thousands of data points. 

I planned to learn python (as opposed to using excel) over the christmas break in order to help, but, due to unforeseen extenuating circumstances my time has been cut short and I won't be able to devote enough time this term to learn python. I have found a pre-made package that I am allowed to use but I do not even know how to open it up and begin to use it. 

If anyone could tell me how to open it and run it to the most basic of levels I would greatly appreciate it as I am not having much luck trying to work it out for myself with tutorials.

The package is rdefra and I would post the link but as I am new member I cannot yet. It looks perfect for what I need and so I have downloaded and I just need help getting it up and running. I have python 3.6 (64-bit).

I understand some of you may think I am being lazy not trying to learn it, and I appreciate that, but I physically don't have time anymore due to the extenuating circumstances and if I can't work it out asap I will have to begin using excel to finish on time, which isn't the end of the world but python seems like a much more intuitive approach.

Many thanks,
Harry
(Jan-24-2017, 02:14 PM)harrysmithhjs Wrote: The package is rdefra and I would post the link but as I am new member I cannot yet.
Is it this rdefra,if that is the case it's R and not Python.
(Jan-24-2017, 02:26 PM)snippsat Wrote:
(Jan-24-2017, 02:14 PM)harrysmithhjs Wrote: The package is rdefra and I would post the link but as I am new member I cannot yet.
Is it this rdefra,if that is the case it's R and not Python.

Right - thank you for pointing this out to me... Explains a lot aha. I was told it was for python. Please ignore my stupidity and thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi need help for a course - complete beginner zach_s 2 2,192 Jul-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: zach_s