Python Forum
Help with Python&Pycharm BUG
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Python&Pycharm BUG
I don't know what kind of bug this is. I've tried EVERYTHING, uninstall and removed all folders from both Python and Pycharm.
Still same issue when I re-install it.
Basically everything I write turns into a code. Like, plain text turns into a code automatically.
When I then run it, it goes into a syntax...
Seriously Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
What a piece of s....

https://youtu.be/4zMEOVQacdI

https://youtu.be/luezfDDzf2M
You would have changed default application to any compiler like Python/any equivalence for text/doc files
you are writing in a IDE and the file in which you write is beginner.py. given the extension (py) it detects that what you type in that particular file should be python code. I really don't understand what else you expect...
If you want to just write plain text (e.g. like a comment or doc string), either make it a comment (using #, or enclose it in quotes).
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Dec-23-2019, 07:58 AM)buran Wrote: you are writing in a IDE and the file in which you write is beginner.py. given the extension (py) it detects that what you type in that particular file should be python code. I really don't understand what else you expect...
If you want to just write plain text (e.g. like a comment or doc string), either make it a comment (using #, or enclose it in quotes).

This is NOT how it should work.
Please watch the video if you haven't..
If I write.. "Hello what if this is a document" <-- This text won't do anything... When I try this in a IDE it won't simply show this.
What happens now is that "Hello what if this is a document" will turn the IF word into a statement automatically.
Which result in a syntax of course.
The IDE shouldn't convert the word if into a statement unless you asking it to..
Does that make sense to you?

I've been using this program for weeks now, since I'm learning still. This has nothing to do with the .py.
This issue started yesterday, I think I've accidently pressing something.. I don't know...
(Dec-23-2019, 08:32 AM)randomhorse Wrote: This is NOT how it should work.
This is what YOU think how it should work, not the IDE creator. every line in a py file MUST be a valid code. Period. It highlights special words, exactly because of the py extension - it is python file, so syntax highlighting feature of the IDE is working.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't update new python version on Pycharm GOKUUUU 6 3,837 Jul-23-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: GOKUUUU
  How to use GPU in Python or Pycharm? plumberpy 2 13,295 Oct-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: plumberpy
  Cannot install tensorflow, numpy etc in Pycharm with Python 3.10 plumberpy 2 3,441 Oct-07-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: plumberpy
  Python Program Runs in Pycharm but not in Terminal Vbhardwaj2383 2 3,296 Apr-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Vbhardwaj2383
  Cant run command python in PyCharm, but it works in cmd LevG0r 1 2,814 Sep-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Axel_Erfurt
  python turtle module in pycharm error sajley 2 13,092 Dec-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: sajley