Python Forum
Help with Python technologies and structure code
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Python technologies and structure code
Thanks for your help, but i am not sure to understand all of it. I can see that flask looks very elegant, and i can see that Flask and SQL-Alchemy work good together. So, if am not wrong, you are suggesting to use the MVC pattern where the model is implemented with SQL-Alchemy and the Viewer with Flask? If this is what you are suggesting, i can see that Flask is used for web-app but i need to use it as my own tool, i am not going to put it on the web. Can i still use Flask? Can i use Flask as a replacement gui without putting it on the web?

Thanks
(Aug-11-2018, 08:49 PM)giu88 Wrote: Can i use Flask as a replacement gui without putting it on the web?
Mostly all of my code with Flask in running og localhost with Flask build in web-server.
Almost all is for training in the messy world that web-development is,eg how HTML,CSS,JavaScripts work together with Flask.
Just 2-3 app that doing something useful like eg a front-end for YouTube download and play/playlist DB of latest Mp3 download ect.
(Aug-11-2018, 08:49 PM)giu88 Wrote: So, if am not wrong, you are suggesting to use the MVC pattern where the model is implemented with SQL-Alchemy and the Viewer with Flask?
Yes if application get lager then can be smart to use something MVC,
but i like the freedom in Flask so in smaller web-app like in posted tutorial there only basic needed structure.

That said so can also GUI be useful depend on the task,just that i have moved more away from it.
They only application where i have many 3-party users is a GUI(WxPython) for downloading on Norwegian Tv.
Packed so 3-party user do not need Python,so .exe for Windows Users.
Thanks, i'll have a look at Flask.
You say you just need a simple GUI, and it sounds like you would just be using this yourself. I think setting up a local Flask webserver so you can do it in Flask would be significantly more complicated than just doing it in one of the standard GUI toolkits. Obviously, YMMV.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures