Python Forum
Here's a random project I made recently!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a random project I made recently!
I'm a beginner programmer, and I'm making random ideas for projects all the time. I made a program in called "PythonOS" that's not a real operating system at all, but a program that runs very simple commands to do functions that most computers can do, and works similar to older computers. It can write text files and read them, delete them, tell time, calculate equations, and... that's it. But it's going to be more, eventually, I might make a GUI for it and make it look like a real desktop environment. It's simple now, but it will be more interesting and do a lot more as I add more features. But I'm a beginner, so don't expect to much of me just yet. All the ideas for the future are ideas so I'll need to learn more first. It's not a real operating system (I don't even think it's possible to make that in python) it's a program that does works like operating system, similar to a virtual machine, except there was no "machine" to base it off of. It's currently in "Beta Test Phase" right now, and the full release won't come until I've added a lot of new stuff.
The current version is "Beta 1.1".

I have it on GitHub, you can get all the versions, changelogs, and instructions in the repository.
Here it is: https://github.com/DizzygameCo/PythonOS
You need to get creative on your script names, using os.py as a file name may cause conflicts or collisions in the future when your game gets larger. Make more functions, maybe a function that prints out information you pass as an argument.
Telling likes this post