Python Forum
Highlight and remove specific string of text
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight and remove specific string of text
Ok sorry for my newb question, but I figured this was the best place to start. (no real python Knowledge)

Basically I am using a program Called EventGhost and from what I understand it uses Python.
I have a basic script that upon pressing a key, will highlight the browser and copy it to the clipboard
to then paste it into a Program to download the youtube videos for personal studies.

The only real issue with this script I have encountered is any video that is part of a playlist wich always
includes a &list= in the URL will cause the download program to download the entire playlist. now on a playlist's
main page, I can use the Url if I needed to copy all videos in it, but for individual videos I want that exist with
the &list= in the Url it's frustrating to have to delete this part and makes the script useless.

Ok so my question is can I make a basic python script that will take the clipboard after copying the URL and remove
the text &list= and all after it if it's in the URL and then paste it afterward in the download program?

Eventghost is basically a easy to use if this then that program that has various actions to execute
(Move mouse here, close this window, hit this key, ETC..) One of these actions is execute python script, this is why I am here.
You can post your code here. Use BB-Code tags

If you use youtube-dl for this task, you should add the parameter --no-playlist
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
well, I use Youtube-dlg which, if I understand correctly, is youtube-dl but with a GUI. And the eventghost script is basically a macro for it to press a sequence of keys and initiate mouse clicks

here is what I am using
[Image: yQVFKHW]
Your image is not uploaded. Please check it.
Link to picture of my program
As was requested the first time, use BBCode. Most of us (myself included) aren't going to look at a picture of your code, but we'd be glad to help if you follow the rules.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove gilberishs from a "string" kucingkembar 2 202 Mar-15-2024, 08:51 AM
Last Post: kucingkembar
Sad How to split a String from Text Input into 40 char chunks? lastyle 7 1,054 Aug-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Color a table cell based on specific text Creepy 11 1,822 Jul-27-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  highlight the columns and capture amy83 0 773 Mar-24-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: amy83
  How to remove footer from PDF when extracting to text jh67 3 4,849 Dec-13-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: DPaul
  How to remove patterns of characters from text aaander 4 1,068 Nov-19-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: snippsat
Smile please help me remove error for string.strip() jamie_01 3 1,149 Oct-14-2022, 07:48 AM
  Remove a space between a string and variable in print sie 5 1,706 Jul-27-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  How do I remove spurious "." from a string? Zuhan 7 1,962 Apr-12-2022, 02:06 PM
  Editing text between two string from different lines Paqqno 1 1,287 Apr-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: BashBedlam