Python Forum
How can i create a server for already existing client using Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i create a server for already existing client using Python?
What are you planning to use it for?
ndc85430, i mean making server the way i said, also let me clarify a bit. I already have a Mediaserver of a game and i want to make a server emulator.

Larz60+ yes i already saw his suggestion but i want to make sure that it's the correct thing. i don't know if i have to do something with Wireshark
(Aug-17-2020, 06:05 AM)Chapanson Wrote: ndc85430, i mean making server the way i said, also let me clarify a bit. I already have a Mediaserver of a game and i want to make a server emulator.

I don't really know what you mean by any of this. What is a "Mediaserver" and what do you mean by "server emulator"?

Quote:Larz60+ yes i already saw his suggestion but i want to make sure that it's the correct thing. i don't know if i have to do something with Wireshark

pyshark is basically a Python library that will let you analyse network traffic from a capture file or from a network interface in a Python program. Wireshark is a GUI program that will let you do those tasks. Do you actually want to do this programmatically? If so, then pyshark, if not, then just use Wireshark.

What did you mean when you said "capturing packets"? I'm wondering if we've misunderstood and you don't actually want to analyse the traffic at all.
Mediaserver is basicly a client
Server Emulator is the reimplementation of online game servers, typically as clones of proprietary commercial software by a third party of the game community. The private server is not always made by the original company, but usually attempts to mimic it in some way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_emulator

How can i capture packets from other kind of files instead of .cap or network interface?
(You said pyshark only allows to capture from these)
Quote:What did you mean when you said "capturing packets"? I'm wondering if we've misunderstood and you don't actually want to analyse the traffic at all.
I don't really know how to explain this but i just want to make a server emulator for a game. and i thought the only way to do these is capturing packets.I am kinda confused about that
So, your immediate task is to analyse the network traffic in order to understand the protocol this game uses so you can implement the server?

1. Are you sure there are no libraries that do this already?

2. If you do need to look at the traffic, why do you need to do so programmatically? Would it not be easier to use Wireshark?

3. What other file formats do you want to read the data from, if not the ones supported by tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.? Does whatever is producing those not have a library to read them? What's also wrong with capturing the live traffic?

Do you actually know anything about networking at all?
(Aug-18-2020, 03:55 AM)ndc85430 Wrote: So, your immediate task is to analyse the network traffic in order to understand the protocol this game uses so you can implement the server?

1. Are you sure there are no libraries that do this already?

2. If you do need to look at the traffic, why do you need to do so programmatically? Would it not be easier to use Wireshark?

3. What other file formats do you want to read the data from, if not the ones supported by tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.? Does whatever is producing those not have a library to read them? What's also wrong with capturing the live traffic?

Do you actually know anything about networking at all?

My main task is making a server emulator and not analysing network traffic, i don't know how this things working

1. I don't know
2.I don't want to look at traffic, i am kinda confused about that
3.I don't know

I don't know anything about networking Wall
Right, I thought you wanted to look at the traffic to understand how the server and client communicate so you could reverse engineer whatever this server does.

I can't offer any more advice really, since I don't know about games or how these things work either. Perhaps give more details about the game? Have you searched GitHub, PyPI, etc. for relevant libraries already?
No problem, details of the game doesn't matter.Yeah i've searched in many places but couldn't find anything people only said socket module but that's not for making server emulator. about reverse engineering, i don't really know what that means but i'll checkout thanks!
If the details of the server and the protocol used by the client and server aren't publicly available, then you need to use some techniques to try and infer them. That's what reverse engineering is. In this case, I thought your approach was to understand the network traffic to try and reverse engineer, but OK.
Quote:If the details of the server and the protocol used by the client and server aren't publicly available
What do you mean by that? I have the client but i want to make server emulator to make it online
but simply i don't know how that's why i am here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paramiko Server -- Exception (server): Error reading SSH protocol banner ujlain 3 4,536 Jul-24-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Client/Server proper finalizing transfer wolfman5874 1 1,457 Jul-04-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: wolfman5874
Bug Problem connecting TLS client written in C++ and Twisted server gpropf 0 1,394 Jun-12-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: gpropf
  Server/client basic communication ebolisa 0 2,030 Sep-30-2021, 12:22 PM
Last Post: ebolisa
  Client server Multithreading Anan 6 5,881 Apr-21-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: SheeppOSU
Question Trouble with Client/Server reverse Shell! Gilush 0 2,782 Feb-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Gilush
  Basic client server code question swisscheese 4 3,242 Dec-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Simple TCP Client and TCP Server Problem Vapulabis 5 4,397 Jul-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ndc85430
  how to send an image from server to client using PICKLE module dafdaf 1 3,110 Jun-02-2020, 01:08 PM
Last Post: nuffink
  how can i send a list of tuples from the server to the client using sockets? dafdaf 1 3,899 Apr-13-2020, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Larz60+