Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I remove pyo?
I foolishly installed this thinking it would allow me to put sounds into my games. However, after installing it I discovered that it needs internet access to work, which is utterly stupid. The website says how to uninstall it, but I can't find the uninstaller on my computer. It claims its in the 'root' folder for python, but no such folder exists.

As for how I installed it, I had to install it through console commands.

How do I get rid of it?

I tried to run this 'unins000' from the windows console, but it claimed no such file exists. Looking at text on the pyo website more closely, apparently that uninstaller only came with version 1 of pyo. It makes no mention as to how to remove any other version.

I was able to find where its installed through python console commands, however, its in a folder I've never been able to access: the 'AppData' folder. I've only been able to access files within that folder through the editor's 'open file' option. I don't understand why I can't find or enter this folder any other way.

Was able to fix not being able to find this folder. I see three folders labeled pyo. I don't know if that's all I have to delete to get rid of it.

Found out about uninstalling stuff through pip. Its showing me hundreds of files in this lib/site-packages/pyo folder, but also something called epyo which is in the scripts folder. Its asking me if I want to go ahead. Should I say yes? I'm afraid I'll uninstall something I don't want to remove. I do also have pygame installed.
pip uninstall pyo
is the proper way to remove a package that you installed with pip.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-24-2019, 06:05 PM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: I've never been able to access: the 'AppData' folder. I've only been able to access files within that folder through the editor's 'open file' option. I don't understand why I can't find or enter this folder any other way.
By default windows has directories hidden. You have to unhide it to see AppData directory.

However you should not delete files to remove something off your computer unless you know what your doing.
Recommended Tutorials:
I have it uninstalled, and pygame still seems to work, so I didn't remove anything else it seems.