Python Forum
How do you know when a library is working correctly?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know when a library is working correctly?
Working on an led project. Calls out for ethernet.h, artnet.h and fastled.h. I have confirmed that the ethernet and fastled libraries are working by running a separate script and having the leds run accordingly. This also tells me that I have the wiring run correctly also. I am using a script from a tutorial; so I am making an assumption that the script has been vetted. I ran a port program which also gave me the IP and Mac of the arduino; so I know those are correct.

So with all this in mind is it possible the artnet library works with the arduino the blogger used but not the one I am using? If this is a possible problem how do I find a working library; as there is no update for the library I am using.

While it is possible that the artnet script has not been vetted; artnet also is not working for the Jinx! program. So again this tells me this is a library problem.

thank you for being patient.

~Will
(Jul-24-2018, 02:47 PM)grjmmr Wrote: Calls out for ethernet.h, artnet.h and fastled.h
also, based on this post of yours: you understand this is python forum, not c, right?
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If statement not working correctly? MrKnd94 2 827 Nov-16-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Pynput Library not Working with Windows jacknewport 1 2,327 Mar-26-2022, 07:09 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  nsetools library not working in AWS jeeva 3 2,611 Aug-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post: jeeva
  random.uniform is not working correctly dron4ik86 9 4,107 Feb-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Last Post: dron4ik86
  PyInstaller, how to create library folder instead of library.zip file ? harun2525 2 4,792 May-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: harun2525