Python Forum
How fast did you manage to learn Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How fast did you manage to learn Python?
I don't think I will ever accomplish my goal and my current working prototype in excel VBA, will probably end up being a white elephant.

I have ideas, have paid before for my program as private, humans retire, therefore when the programmer retired, no support. Long story short, as the IT stuff evolves, it seems to takes the generation of IT'ers with it, but the users who only "drive the application/s", being their idea or not, are left behind.

I cannot do what my programmer made according my specifications, so I made it "rat-rod" prototype to illustrate the idea.

The idea used a firebird relational database with a script editor and some .exe custome program/interface.
All I, or the clients needed to do is learn how to write the scripts to manipulate the same info as one chooses. ( why write 100 program for 100 custoemr all using the same data source ?, instead write one main data sourcer with database, and the 100 customers can learn to write the script.
All in all, stand-alone, meaning download from the programers server, install and way ya go.
Subscribe yearly to help with costs, but make it fair, not "carrot on the stick" deals.
There are services similar, but cloud based and done on their terms, no stand-alone. So then they get to see the customers scripts, their strategy, or "the edge"....nup, stand-alone the only way to go.

The FB Server would gather the required info from the sourse/web then database it all in real time, and what one does with the info, it's up to their scripting.
We learn to script, only, in relation to the database.

Question is, what is the source of that info ?
Sports and the markets
I would put in wider context:

Quote:But I would like to say a few things about what programming languages mean to the people who use them — programmers. Typically when you ask a programmer to explain to a lay person what a programming language is, they will say that it is how you tell a computer what to do. But if that was all, why would they be so passionate about programming languages when they talk among themselves?

In reality, programming languages are how programmers express and communicate ideas — and the audience for those ideas is other programmers, not computers. The reason: the computer can take care of itself, but programmers are always working with other programmers, and poorly communicated ideas can cause expensive flops. In fact, ideas expressed in a programming language also often reach the end users of the program — people who will never read or even know about the program, but who nevertheless are affected by it.

Think of the incredible success of companies like Google or Facebook. At the core of these are ideas — ideas about what computers can do for people. To be effective, an idea must be expressed as a computer program, using a programming language. The language that is best to express an idea will give the team using that language a key advantage, because it gives the team members — people! — clarity about that idea. The ideas underlying Google and Facebook couldn't be more different, and indeed these companies' favorite programming languages are at opposite ends of the spectrum of programming language design. And that’s exactly my point.

True story: The first version of Google was written in Python. The reason: Python was the right language to express the original ideas that Larry Page and Sergey Brin had about how to index the web and organize search results. And they could run their ideas on a computer, too!

This is exerpt form Guidos King's Day speech

For me it means that if you can express your ideas in Python then you have learned it. If you are not able to express your ideas this can mean (a) you have not learned Python yet (b) Python is not suitable language to express your ideas
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to learn python to apply it in my work? DavyAnt 1 821 Aug-24-2023, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  How to start to learn and use python Zangolo 6 1,206 Jul-15-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  start to learn Python Berliner 11 6,048 Apr-26-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Berliner
  Learn Python via Zoom Meetings? davidorlow 1 2,336 Jun-16-2021, 01:01 AM
  learn Python Naheed 6 4,014 May-04-2021, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Naheed
  what programming language to learn other than python in real mass-production product? Kai 1 2,083 Apr-12-2020, 04:40 AM
  Learn Python by doing? Coastal 2 2,352 Jan-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Karen1
  WHich is a good site/tutorial to learn Python for beginners? deepakdeshp 7 4,880 Oct-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Last Post: wavic
  python technologies to learn for beginners prashanth 1 2,780 Jun-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  What is the best site or book to learn advanced python programming? aruntracer 2 3,959 Apr-29-2018, 10:48 PM
Last Post: micseydel