Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How hard is this?
Hi all,

I am new to the RPI and a complete NOOB..I do believe Python can be used to code the below?

Please can someone tell me how difficult it is to achieve the below (apologies in advance for any incorrect terminology)

I wish to create a webserver of which can be controlled via a phone (app?)

As I understand it I could plug the RPI (3B+) directly into a home router via an Ethernet cable and create a webserver. I am not sure however if I would need a static IP in order to host it?

I would like to control the following 3 x inputs (on/off switches) and 9 x outputs (relays) of which would control contactors I would also like a few spare inputs and outputs..

There would be 4 x processes one of which I have explained below the other 3 processes will be similar but in different combinations/overruns/debounces etc

PRESS ICON ON SCREEN TO START BELOW PROCESS

CHECK INPUT 2 IS OPEN CONTINUOUSLY FOR 10s (DE-BOUNCE)

TURN ON OUTPUT 3

30s AFTER OUTPUT 3 HAS STARTED TURN ON OUTPUT 2

BOTH OUTPUTS REMAIN ON UNTIL INPUT 2 CLOSES FOR 10s (DE-BOUNCE)

ONCE TRUE SIGNAL OF INPUT 2 CLOSING HAS BEEN RECIEVED OUTPUTS 2 AND 3 CONTINUE TO RUN FOR 30 SECONDS

OUTPUT 2 TURNS OFF

10 SECONDS LATER OUTPUT 3 TURNS OFF

On the phones screen that's controlling it (app?) there would be 4 x icons to press in order to start each process and there would be an "Abort Process" icon if this is pressed all outputs will turn off instantly this would act as a safety feature...

I would also like 4 other icons of which would be straight on/off buttons for 4 of the 9 outputs of which are not associated with the 4 "processes"

On the screen I would like to see the state of all the inputs and outputs in real time so when I trigger a process remotely I can make sure it is running correctly.

Also if the above is on a webserver how secure is it? i.e if someone gets in they could trigger processes etc so it would need to have good security..

The above seems rather advanced to me..

Any comments welcomed!

Thanks