Python Forum
How is it possible direction names me"silly frenchman". I?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is it possible direction names me"silly frenchman". I?
my question here I saw I am not the only one!
Hi sylas,
Please read Help -> User Titles
The Python language was named after the Monty Python comedy troupe. That's why you see things like the IDLE editor (after Eric Idle) and examples like
Output:
_temp = __import__('spam.ham', globals(), locals(), ['eggs', 'sausage'], 0) eggs = _temp.eggs saus = _temp.sausage
in the official documentation (after the spam spam spam skit). The tags like 'Silly Frenchman' given to posters (to indicate how many posts they've made) are all based on Monty Python skits or movies. In this case it refers to the frenchman on the battlements in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My avatar is a reference to the bunny rabbit scene in the same movie.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I wonder how many people think the language was named after the snake? I remember on the bus i was reading a python book many years ago. The book was programming python which by chance that specific O'Reilly book just so happened to have a python snake on the cover. The guy assumed i was fluent on reptiles, and started talking to me about the snakes. I dont think he ever really understood what the book was really about.
Recommended Tutorials:
It's one thing to know that the language is named after Monty Python, not the snake and completely different to be sort of an expert on Monty Python.  :-)
To be honest, I connect to Monty Python just Spam, spam, eggs, and spam,  Minister of Silly Walks and the Spanish Inquisitor. Till now didn't realise that all others are also Monty Python related and some time ago also thought that Silly Frenchman might be a bit offensive to someone :-)
(Apr-10-2017, 01:18 PM)buran Wrote: It's one thing to know that the language is named after Monty Python, not the snake and completely different to be sort of an expert on Monty Python.  :-)
To be honest, I connect to Monty Python just Spam, spam, eggs, and spam,  Minister of Silly Walks and the Spanish Inquisitor. Till now didn't realise that all others are also Monty Python related and some time ago also thought that Silly Frenchman might be a bit offensive to someone :-)

I'll take offense of anyone who thinks that "Frenchman" is offensive, sacrebleu!
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Apr-12-2017, 07:26 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(Apr-10-2017, 01:18 PM)buran Wrote: It's one thing to know that the language is named after Monty Python, not the snake and completely different to be sort of an expert on Monty Python.  :-)

I'll take offense of anyone who thinks that "Frenchman" is offensive, sacrebleu!

Especially if it comes from a Canadian, tabarnak!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Silly Frenchman"? Really? CynthiaMoore 7 5,643 Jan-25-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: buran