Bottom Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 How to decrypt Blowfish-encrypted text encrypted with Perl's Crypt::CBC?
I've been a Perl writer for 20 years, and I'm just getting started with Python. I have a text file with some fields that were encrypted using Perl's Crypt::CBC and stored as hex. Here's how I currently decrypt it in Perl:

Output:
use Crypt::CBC; my $text = <encrypted hex string>; my $cipher_type = 'Blowfish'; my $encrypt_key = <my 64 byte key>; my $cipher = Crypt::CBC->new(-key => $encrypt_key, -cipher => $cipher_type); my $decoded_text = $cipher->decrypt_hex($text);
No salt was specified during the encryption. I want to be able to decrypt the hex string from within a Python script. Converting from hex to a string is straightforward enough, but apparently Blowfish is restricted to <= 56-byte keys, which leaves me really confused (I'm unclear as to how the Perl Blowfish decryption is using those 64 bytes, and how to do the same in Python). Help!

Top Page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What crypt lib should be use in python? linh_py 3 117 Sep-17-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: wavic
  Need help understanding a couple of functions (encrypt,decrypt, int_to_bytes) xoani 0 161 Jun-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Last Post: xoani
  Simple inter-process communication: Switching from Perl to Python Pappy 1 276 May-10-2019, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Pappy
  Anyone knows how to decrypt a gif file? SoulsKeeper 0 543 Aug-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: SoulsKeeper
  Decrypt Caesar Cipher WantToImprove 22 5,541 Jan-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: WantToImprove