Python Forum
How to redefine object so that all user- objects have the necessary capabilities?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to redefine object so that all user- objects have the necessary capabilities?
When I used the pickle library, it turned out that it does not save the current values ​​of the class members (after recovery pickle fills them with the original values). Pickle save only current values of instance variables. Therefore, I wrote a class 'AbstractSavingObject', which implements saving, including the current values ​​of class variables. Now I want to give this opportunity to all my classes (for the ability to save in a dump all objects when an exception occurs) and do not want to write inheritance from 'AbstractSavingObject' everywhere.

How to do this?
Could you post short code exemplifying what you're talking about?

Also, if you haven't heard already, pickle is typically considered a security hole, so you might want to consider JSON or something else for your serialization. That won't directly help you with saving class variable though, I suspect that's something you'll just have to do manually.
Thank you for your interest!

import os, pickle
class A:
    b=2
    def __init__(self, value):
        self.c = value

if not os.path.exists('MyPicl.bin'):
    with open('MyPicl.bin', 'wb') as dump:
        old_a = A(1)
        old_a.__class__.b = 3

print(old_a.b)
        print(old_a.__class__.b)
        print(old_a.c)
        pickler = pickle.Pickler(dump, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
        pickler.dump(old_a)

else:
    with open('MyPicl.bin', 'rb') as dump:
        unpickler = pickle.Unpickler(dump)
        new_a = unpickler.load()

print(new_a.b)
        print(new_a.__class__.b)
        print(new_a.c)
If you run this code twice (completely closing the program after the first launch), the first time you get the output:
Output:
3 3 1
, and the second time:
Output:
2 2 1
I want write like this:
object.parents.append(MyClassForCorrectSaving)
class A(object):
    b=2
    def __init__(self, value):
        self.c = value
(Feb-18-2019, 06:41 PM)micseydel Wrote: Could you post short code exemplifying what you're talking about?

Also, if you haven't heard already, pickle is typically considered a security hole, so you might want to consider JSON or something else for your serialization. That won't directly help you with saving class variable though, I suspect that's something you'll just have to do manually.

json has limitations:
a) tuple during serialization / deserialization transform into a list.
b) what happens with set- it's unknown.
c) dict keys should ONLY have the string / number type.

Therefore, this method does not allow writing arbitrary code.
Apologies for taking a while to get back, things have been pleasantly busy.

I've looked a bit and I can't find any direct way to get what you want. If you don't mind sticking to Python literals instead of classes, ast.literal_eval might be worth taking a look at; assuming your objects are simple enough, you can just print them and then evaluate them with literal_eval when you read from a file.
My decision:
class MyObject:
    def __init__(self):
        print('I'm here!')

__builtins__.object = MyObject

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a library for recursive object creation using config objects johsmi96 0 1,823 May-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Last Post: johsmi96
  Player object wont recognize collision with other objects. Jan_97 3 2,660 Dec-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: joe_momma
  An Object of Objects? cebb 4 2,786 Jul-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: cebb
  Redefine __add__ for ints ihf 4 3,284 Jun-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: ihf
  error creating new object after loading pickled objects from file arogers 2 3,367 Feb-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'n' in list of class objects jdrp 4 5,695 Jun-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: jdrp