Python Forum
How to set virual enviroment?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set virual enviroment?
Greetings!I am currently studing python with the book and try 1 project offered there,but I was confused about 1 part and hope you to help.
Quote:
Quote:"
To work with Django, we’ll first set up a virtual environment to work in. A virtual environment is a place on your system where you can install packages and isolate them from all other Python packages. Separating one project’s libraries from other projects is beneficial and will be necessary when we deploy Learning Log to a server in Chapter 20. Create a new directory for your project called learning_log, switch to that directory in a terminal, and create a virtual environment. If you’re using Python 3, you should be able to create a virtual environment with the following command:
learning_log$ python -m venv ll_env 
learning_log$ 
Here we’re running the venv module and using it to create a virtual environment named ll_env.
"
© Eric Matthes "Python crush course'
Thanks to google I figured out how to change directory,but I don't quite understand what virtual enviroment does here.Can someone explain me in ximple terms?But most importantly,I don't understand how to set this enviroment.Where and how must I write above commands?What to do at all?Python`s IDLE doesn't accpet such commands.
Because this part of text seems torn out of the context,I am confused even where to start.Or,perhaps, author says things that are obvious to every programmer,but to me,the begginer,are not.Hope you to help
Thanks,wonderful people at the reddit already helped me!
P.S.-Anyone who entered here for the same question: https://www.reddit.com/r/learnpython/com...t_virtual/
I am happy to see there are so many pacient people explaining everythin in detail!Python community is really a wonder.