Python Forum
How to transfer a music file, from "uploads" directory into my project
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to transfer a music file, from "uploads" directory into my project
please give a runnable sample of your code with the full error text or a clear description of the problem. Sorry, it is not a problem of code. I feel ashamed with my trouble. With a right click on the music file, the only interesting option is "copy". I choose copy but when I go in my PyCharm project and and pasre it, it is pasted as a link. But in the link there is my name. This is not correct, since the project must work with whatever PC. On the project tree, before my copy/paste, I put the name of the file. In the option "New" I have: 1. File, 2. New scratch file, 3. Directory, 4. Python Package, 5. Python File, 6. Jupyter Notebook, 7. HTML File......I choose the option 1.  Is that correct ???
What is this post in relationship to?
is this supposed to be connected to another thread?
I try to build on my PyCharm the pryoject "pong". I have already this game on my terminaL It works well. My goal now is to copy the whole project on my PyCharm. But, as I tell you above I have trouble when I copy a music file which I loaded on my directory "uploads" since all uploads fall there.
please post some code.
I still am confused by the use of word paste.
if you load the code verbatim into PyCharm, you should be able to run.
One caveat is that if you use arguments (as through sys.argv),
you will have to make these arguments available to the PyCharm editor.

to do this, you need to go to settings->Interpreter options->Script Parameters
you can get to settings while your script is open
One way, is click help and type 'settings'
I am sorry because you don't reply to my question. On the choice of the type of file I choose "file". Is that correct ? When i paste the music file , it writes:/home/sylvain/Téléchargements/boing.wav.........Téléchargements means uploads. Sylvain is my name, and if I want a project good for everybody, I think having my name inside the project is good for my PC, but not for your PC. Isn't it ?
(Sep-08-2017, 05:59 AM)sylas Wrote: But, as I tell you above I have trouble when I copy a music file which I loaded on my directory "uploads" since all uploads fall there.

If I understand correctly this will solve your problem.

Try this:
1- open your project in Pycharm, right-click on the project name and add a new directory name it uploads.
2- right click uploads and find the option called Show in Explorer/Show in File manager or something similar find and click it.
3- now the uploads directory will open in explorer/file-manager, past you music file in that directory and now your music file will be available inside your project to be used along with uploads folder.
Is this what you're looking for?
If you are trying to get the path to a file, right click on file ans select File_path
(If windows) then click on show in explorer and click again on file name (in sub window)
To hbknjr: your idea seems good. But i will wait since this game (pong) comes from Git hub and runs very well, and has not any diectory like the one you tell me. How did they do ? Mystery . A big book on PyCharm exists; 200 $. May be i will buy it later.
$200 for an IDE book?!? I would never pay that. There are so many IDE's out there, and a lot of them are for free. Most paid ones have a free option anyways...including PyCharm.

I dont think you are communicating your problem well enough for people to understand.

You have successfully executed the program through the terminal, right? So why are you requiring PyCharm?
Recommended Tutorials:
You are unable to communicate your problem.

(Sep-08-2017, 05:09 PM)sylas Wrote: A big book on PyCharm exists; 200 $. May be i will buy it later.

An IDE book is a total waste and that too at $200 when Pycharm professional subscription costs $89 or less per year.

Here is JetBrains getting started guide. May be this will help.

a. Text
b. videos

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using pyinstaller with .ui GUI files - No such file or directory error diver999 3 3,272 Jun-27-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: diver999
  Extract file only (without a directory it is in) from ZIPIP tester_V 1 972 Jan-23-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
Thumbs Up Need to compare the Excel file name with a directory text file. veeran1991 1 1,107 Dec-15-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Web project and running a .py file emont 0 634 Dec-11-2022, 11:15 PM
Last Post: emont
  no such file or directory in SFTP saisankalpj 2 1,531 Nov-25-2022, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
Photo Making Zip file of a file and Directory Nasir 2 1,013 Oct-07-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Nasir
  Failed to execute child process (No such file or directory) uriel 1 1,644 Sep-15-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  file transfer via python SFTP SCP mg24 3 2,956 Sep-15-2022, 04:20 AM
Last Post: mg24
  Need Help: FileNotFoundError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory python202209 5 2,609 Sep-12-2022, 04:50 AM
Last Post: python202209
  Multithreaded file transfer from multiple volumes skoobi 2 1,136 Jul-28-2022, 07:52 AM
Last Post: skoobi