Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How uninstall IDLE?
Hello everybody,

I installed python IDLE a while back ago when I didn't know about PyCharm and now that I don't use IDLE anymore I'm wondering if I can uninstall the idle without causing any problem with PyCharm. I mean is it necessary to have IDLE in order to be able to use PyCharm?

How do I proceed with uninstalling everything associated with python IDLE? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I'm not that experienced when it comes to programming and using softwares/IDE's for programming.
IDLE comes with Python, so I imagine you can't uninstall it. Why would you need to? It's not going to stop you using PyCharm or any other tools.
Hi ndc85430!

It's as simple as that don't to have anything unused installed on my computer. That's the only reason to why. I thought that idle is just a program you use to type python code on. But you're saying that IDLE comes with python. What do you mean by that?
Idle is written with python, by installing python it includes an idle module that when run is idle.
(Jun-06-2020, 04:19 PM)NisseMax Wrote: It's as simple as that don't to have anything unused installed on my computer.

I personally think that this is noble principle but unattainable.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Uninstall Python 3.10? xytsrm 4 6,905 Dec-23-2022, 12:47 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  should I uninstall anaconda? abrogard 0 2,611 Oct-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: abrogard
  Is there a method to completely uninstall on macOS? mjcsb 2 2,231 Jan-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Last Post: perfringo
  Uninstall Python-3.5 source xion824 3 4,464 Dec-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  No Uninstall Option in Pyton 3.6 Aidan 2 8,626 Jan-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: metulburr