Python Forum
I can't run my executable pythpn application
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't run my executable pythpn application
Hi; I use python 3.6, and my PC is equipped with windows 10 64 bits.

for information, my PC is equipped with windows 10 64 bits.

I finished my script.py, and I turned it into an executable application by this command :

Quote:python setup.py build

and I tryed also this other command :

Quote:python setup.py bdist_msi

1) for the first case, I have a build folder that was created and that contains my executable application

2) for the second case, I have two folders build, and dist.
the stucture of the folder "build" is dispalyed by this picture:

[Image: u54c.jpg]

in both cases when I run my executable application created, it does not work

the file setup.py :

import sys
from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable

# Dependencies are automatically detected, but it might need fine tuning.
build_exe_options = {"packages": ["os"], "excludes": ["tkinter"]}

# GUI applications require a different base on Windows (the default is for a
# console application).
base = None
if sys.platform == "win64":
    base = "Win64GUI"

setup(  name = "cev",
        version = "0.1",
        description = "My CEV application!",
        options = {"build_exe": build_exe_options},
        executables = [Executable("cev.py", base=base)])
thanks for help
Please, when you cross-post (e.g. on SO or elsewhere), let us know - you don't want to waste the time of people who want to help you, right?
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

use pyinstaller instead.
you can also check youtube video
but at the internet I read that pyinstaller is only compatible with python 2.7 and not with version 3.X
I can assure you it works with Python 3.6 since I have used it.
(Dec-24-2018, 09:41 AM)atlass218 Wrote: pyinstaller is only compatible with python 2.7 and not with version 3.X

Don't know where you read it, but it's not true.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I think I confused it with py2exe
but when I try to install pyinstaller I have this error :

Quote:C:\Users\AHMED\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36>pip install pyinstaller
Collecting pyinstaller
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/pyinstaller/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/pyinstaller/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/pyinstaller/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/pyinstaller/
try again and if you don't succeed - download wheel from Gohlke.
Actually - this is the direct link.
Then you can install it from the local whl file with pip install PyInstaller‑3.4‑py2.py3‑none‑any.whl
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I downloaded the file "PyInstaller-3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl", which I put in the folder python36. Then I made in the console command : pip install PyInstaller-3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl

subsequently I had this error

Quote:C:\Users\AHMED\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36>pip install PyInstaller-3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl

Processing c:\users\ahmed\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\pyinstaller-3.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting altgraph (from PyInstaller==3.4)
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/altgraph/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/altgraph/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/altgraph/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/altgraph/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)': /simple/altgraph/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/altgraph/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/altgraph/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)'),)) - skipping
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement altgraph (from PyInstaller==3.4) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for altgraph (from PyInstaller==3.4)
You are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
upgrade your pip. this should fix the ssl error
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send data from a python application to an external application aditya_rajiv 1 2,130 Jul-26-2021, 06:00 AM
Last Post: ndc85430