Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have BeautifulSoup instaled
(Nov-04-2016, 06:45 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: What step says to update pip?
It's just a general recommendation to have pip updated.  
(Nov-04-2016, 06:48 PM)Blue Dog Wrote: I uninstalled both 2.7 and 3.5, going back to C# that does work.
You had all in working on 3.5,
just some problem on 2.7 that could have been fixed Wink

No problem and good luck with C#,
we are here to help if you want to try again in the future.
(Nov-04-2016, 06:48 PM)Blue Dog Wrote: I can see that python is not really ready to be used as a tool yet. Just for people that have time to play around with something that does not work. I uninstalled both 2.7 and 3.5, going back to C# that does work.

before you write off python. I would like you to try this method of installing bs4. This is basically as simple as copying 2 directories into your python installation path. 

I made a quick tutorial in doing this method in detail
http://python-forum.io/Thread-Install-a-...y-manually
Recommended Tutorials:
OK, I could not stand it, I went to bed about 11:PM by 1:AM I was up, came in here and turned the computer on. I hate starting something and not following through with it.
So I download 2.7.12 and installed it. Then I started from the beginning of this Thread and went step by step downloading and installing all the modular that I need right now. I have a working Python 2.7.12 now. It does run the test program. As I have got older my patience as got less and less. I hate getting old. So when I got every thing working I download all the videos form this class I am taking.
I want to thank every one for their help.
Some of us here were born in the first half of the last century, (myself included) so don't feel alone.
(Nov-05-2016, 09:51 AM)Blue Dog Wrote: I have a working Python 2.7.12 now. It does run the test program.
Nice that you get it to work Thumbs Up
(Nov-05-2016, 09:51 AM)Blue Dog Wrote: I download all the videos form this class I am taking.
May i ask what class this is?
I think they should have used Python 3,this is the best choice for new Python user.
But Beautiful Soup work the same for 2 and 3,so if you learn it for Python 2 it will work Python 3.
I have 2-part tutorial about web-scarping in tutorials you can look at to.
The site is called scrap this site. I got my vs express where it is running 2.7.12 now. So i am set for now, but if you are new to C# like I am go here it is free and a very good course:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp...-Beginners

I am sure I will be back, nice tut in scrapers snippsat.