Python Forum
I need advise with developing a brute forcing script
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advise with developing a brute forcing script
I need some advise on developing a script to brute force a 4 digit pin.

I know the pin has to be from 0000 to 9999

However, on the game website there is a slot for me to add 4 digit pin. How can I instruct python, to brute force every number from 0000 - 9999 in that specific part of the website asking for pin ?
give it a go,
we are glad to help, but you must make an effort
I understand but you have to understand, i do not know where to start, i am watching youtube videos and blog but it does not answer my exact questions.

First question is:

The game website i am trying to bruteforce is at

https://websitename.com/verify

However, what the tutorials do not mention is. Do i need to login to website with script or do i login manually and go to https://gamewebsitename.com/verify ?

Second question. There is a slot on website where I must manually type the 4 digit pin but how do i get python to select this element and input the numbers from 0000 to 9999
Is this really the sort of thing you should be doing?
(Aug-21-2020, 02:59 PM)ndc85430 Wrote: Is this really the sort of thing you should be doing?

I am trying to learn cyber security
[Friday night ideas] I suspect that the most effective (time-wise) brute-force is to enter manually all numbers 0000, 0001, ... 9999 at aforementioned website (considering all the time spent watching tutorials and still not having idea where to start etc).
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
(Aug-21-2020, 03:11 PM)perfringo Wrote: [Friday night ideas] I suspect that the most effective (time-wise) brute-force is to enter manually all numbers 0000, 0001, ... 9999 at aforementioned website (considering all the time spent watching tutorials and still not having idea where to start etc).

Wouldnt be possible, not efficient and there is only 5 attempts allowed.

I have never used python, created a script in my entire life with python, so sorry I do not meet your "high expectations.

[Friday night ideas] if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't waste your time.
Quote:[Friday night ideas] if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't waste your time.

Ehm, not sure if the purpose of perfringo's message wasn't to actually kindly advise you on actually not wasting your time this Friday evening :)

Btw, this kind of question i would expect over at e.g Kali or Parrot linux forums - i strongly believe that such a script must be somewhere out there among the tools these distros normally come with.
(Aug-21-2020, 03:56 PM)Intr0spective Wrote:
Quote:[Friday night ideas] if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't waste your time.

Ehm, not sure if the purpose of perfringo's message wasn't to actually kindly advise you on actually not wasting your time this Friday evening :)

Btw, this kind of question i would expect over at e.g Kali or Parrot linux forums - i strongly believe that such a script must be somewhere out there among the tools these distros normally come with.

I am reaching out for help, due to been new. I am watching the video but i do not understand how to select a specific element of a website, where i need enter the numbers from 0000 - 9999

I think i can use crunch for 0000 - 9999 but i do not understand how i can select element on the websie to enter in numbers. I just need a solid tutorial that can show me how to do this.
(Aug-21-2020, 03:17 PM)fatjuicypython Wrote: Wouldnt be possible, not efficient and there is only 5 attempts allowed.

I have never used python, created a script in my entire life with python, so sorry I do not meet your "high expectations.

[Friday night ideas] if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't waste your time.

[Friday night conversation with imaginary friend]

[imaginary friend]: I need solution to my problem
[me]: Can you be more specific?
[imaginary friend]: you are not constructive, I need solution and not description of the problem.
[me]: I'll take another beer and try patronize.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that I am constructive. As a result of my post we have important information about problem: "only 5 attempts allowed". This makes my suggestion even more relevant: why write a script if one can only make 5 attempts? 4 x 5 = 20 keystrokes and it's over. Whatever script will be probably much longer.

On more serious note: server somehow attributes these attempts to 'user'. By username? By cookie? By IP-address? By hardware fingerprinting? By something else? By combinations of above mentioned? In order to have 'solution' one must describe problem with all it's constraints (I personally didn't visit the website as my browser warned me about invalid certificate; so I have no clue).

Before you proceed you should make sure that in your jurisdiction this is not something broadly called as 'unauthorized acces to computer network'. In some jurisdictions this is criminal offence, in some this carries civic liability. Do your research before you attempt something and not afterwards (ignorance does not release from liability).
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forcing matplotlib to NOT use scientific notation when graphing sawtooth500 4 227 Mar-25-2024, 03:00 AM
Last Post: sawtooth500
  Need an alternative to brute force optimization loop jmbonni 5 1,106 Dec-07-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: RockBlok
  Solving an equation by brute force within a range alexfrol86 3 2,699 Aug-09-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  How to use scipy.optimization.brute for multivariable function Shiladitya 9 6,077 Oct-28-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post: scidam
  Absolutely new to python - basic advise needed mariolucas75 2 2,022 Jun-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Yoriz
  Best extension for Andriod developing ? samuelbachorik 1 1,574 Apr-29-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Developing application for Android atari400 1 1,879 Nov-27-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: buran
  Developing Python with OpenCV into an Android App AviationFreak 1 6,770 Sep-29-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: wavic
  Please, advise collections for my task AlekseyPython 1 2,054 Sep-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  Getting help on developing a code Masoudk96 1 1,938 Sep-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Larz60+