Python Forum
I need guidance in building a program
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need guidance in building a program
Hello,i need guidance in choosing a direction for a program i want to build. I am new to programing in general, and very new to python in particular, but i have already made some scraping programs using the selenium library for sraping and sqlite3 for manipulating the data, and i find this combination simple and straight forward.
What i want to do is scrap some values from different sites and compare them,i need to visualize those values and also do some arithmetic opreations with them.
I was thinking of either using a GUI(PyQT5) or building a web page(Django) that will reside on the pc. As i will be the only one using it, where should i head as a new programer?
Here's a good place to start: https://python-forum.io/Thread-A-List-of...-Resources
This is all good an dandy, but what about my question? GUI , web page or i saw i could write to excel sheets with openpyxl an manipulate data from there. In which direction should i head?
I will go with the web app/page. Eventually, you will want to get the data remotely so you will have to able to do that. It could be achieved with PyQt indeed but...
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Oct-16-2017, 02:24 PM)wavic Wrote: I will go with the web app/page. Eventually, you will want to get the data remotely so you will have to able to do that. It could be achieved with PyQt indeed but...

Not likely that i would want to do that, but as i watch more tutorials about Django and PyQt i get the feeling that a web page will have a more natural fell, (maybe how i am more used navigating on the web) then a custom Gui(which i do not even have a clue on how it is going to be shaped).