Python Forum
I need help making this game.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help making this game.
So I want to create a simple game in python, possibly with a GUI. But, for now i need to work on the actual game. I just started using python and I know nothing about it. So, I was hoping that some of you guyz would be able to help me with this thing. I'll explain exactly what I want to do.

The game I want to create is a WordGame. Here multiple players can locally play and there's no need for multiple devices. It will just run in one computer and all will sit beside it. Basically a person says a word and the person up next says another word that starts with the last letter of the word that the previous person said. And this just continues untill a person cant say a word within the time limit.

Now I want to create it in such a way that the program will first ask the user if they want to play after greeting them. Then it will ask how many people are playing the game and it will use the data to cycle between players turns and determine who's turn it is to say a word. Then when a person says a word the program will store the data in a file with a date and time tag as its name and as the game goes on the list will grow. But, when someone enters the same word again which was said once before in this gams it will give an error saying that this already exists of something like that and will ask the user to input another word instead of that. This dpesnt have to be in a separate file just yet while the game is running but when the game ends it will ask if they want to print out the results and if they do this will print out all the words said by the individual persons and the time that was spent on all this. I want to add a lot more things but first I just want the core game to function that is just to input a data and store it and get a warning when i input something that already exists.
If anyone is interested in working with me then please contact me I really want to make this dream of mine come true. I appreciate you guyz who have read this post. Thanks
The GUI aspect can be done by numerous 3rd party libraries. Since you are using speech software you hardly need any GUI. To be honest the hardest part of this is speech recognition. In that tutorial shows a little of such libraries, but you can find more information at pypi for SpeechRecognition and PyAudio
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a game Raures 3 3,767 Apr-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  How to begin coding for game making [Install pygame on mac] mattkrebs 2 4,942 Apr-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: machrider