Python Forum
I pledge my allegiance to Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I pledge my allegiance to Python
I have fallen in love with Python. Heart It is such an easy programming language. Simple easy to understand syntax yet powerful. For the first time, I am able to learn a programming language in almost its entirety very fast. I am even easily able to read and understand other people's code, something I struggled to do with other programming languages, including C++. Every class and module is so easy. It took me just 2 days to learn most of the essential Python libraries and functions. Now I see why it is the most popular and In demand programming language in the job market.
In contrast it took me many years to learn C++ and yet, I am not even halfway through the standard libraries, maybe not even a quarter way.
Python surely has a future. There's just two issues to resolve. Performance, and a good 3D game engine. I see the former is well underway, but the latter, I am still to see one.
I'm an old C programmer.

C came naturally with me, but not C++, when it was introduced, I resisted using it for years (C++), not taking it seriously.
When I finally decided to use it in earnest, I appreciated it's value but it took a long time to feel proficient.
I also latched onto Python very quickly, and was able to grasp the basics quickly. I had played with it in the early 1990's, but wasn't allowed to use it because upper management decided that anything free could not be seriously considered.

In 2012-13 I switched to python for good, or at least until I find something better (which may never happen, I've been programming since 1968).

I still learn something new every day, and you will as well.
Like any other language, you'll discover things you never knew about 8 or 10 years from now.

This forum is a good place to discover new ideas.