Python Forum
I upgraded my system to 16GB RAM!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I upgraded my system to 16GB RAM!
I'm so happy, let's celebrate! Champagne!
Good for you! Is it Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory? Wink
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
9 years ago i had the really good desktop. I need to get a new one because now it is just normal or maybe even subpar. Ive upgraded the RAM to 14GB (1x2GB, 1x2GB, 1x2GB, and 1x8GB) and replaced the PSU numerous times. It was a good investment for the right desktop.
Recommended Tutorials:
There are certain advantages of working in hardware company, especially if doing direct business with Intel :-).

Years ago we shot short video about 'SmartFridge containing 126 Intel Xeon CPU-s Big Grin 'Smart' part of course was playing sound while opening the fridge, not CPU-s.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
perfringo Wrote:Is it Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory?
No, it's something more classical, this 16GB kit. I don't need persistence. It is 25% more expensive in France by the way.
Oh boy, just last week I finished building my new pc. I had been collecting parts for it as they went on sale, over a two month span. 32gb in mine, but I went overkill because my laptop has 12gb and that wasn't good enough. Congrats on the big number :)
I put on mine 32GB too. I had an old ( 2013 ) laptop which my sister broke - 8 gigs of RAM. The browser ate almost all of it. So I took the chance and told the guys to put one on the second slot. It's 16 gigs now. My working machines both have 32G.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
There are 32GB equivalent of my 16GB kit by the same manufacturer but I don't understand why they are 3.5 times more expensive. If it was only twice the price, I would probably buy it.
Same specs?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org