Python Forum
Ideas for determine the volume of rotating object
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for determine the volume of rotating object
Hello everybody,

I'm afraid I'm totally wrong with my question here, but I thought it might be worth a try...
I am currently working on an experiment investigating the formation of planets.

I have a vacuum chamber in which dust particles form bigger agglomerates through accretion (sticking together).
From the imagery I can see those agglomerates which are build up by smaller monomeres.
They look a bit like this (see picture). Now in the imagery I can see those agglomerates rotating with a constant velocity

[Image: ZhJBpJj]

My goal is to find a way to approximate the volume of such polymeres. But I dont really know how to do this. My idea was
to somehow determine the volume by integrating over the "dark area" at every frame. Then I could take the mean of all
the integrations and would get something like the mean value of the visible area. Then I could calculate the solid of
revlution around the rotation axis.

But I am afraid the measurement error would be huge.
I am certain that there is a better way of doing it. Since I know the "2d shadow" of the object from every angle, there should be some kind of way to determine the volume right?

I am very thankful for every idea / link / or literature that someone would suggest give me.

Greetings from germany!
perhaps: https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/...ering.html
and
https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/...ation.html
i am assuming you will be doing this in totally zero gravity.

i think you will have to track every discrete particle, or nearly so.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plants vs Zombies. Images Ideas. Windspar 2 2,609 Jan-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Windspar