Python Forum
Ignore character in if statement
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignore character in if statement
Hello, I am writeing my cipher algorithm and I've problem with my XOR algorithm implementation. How I can ignore character for example comma in IF statement but it's was still been in string. Thanks in advance for help.

for i in range(len(klucz)):
                for x in cipher.find(s,","):
                    if(key_i == x):
                        main_cipher.insert(x,",")
                        #print("Dodaje przecinek na indexie: "+str(x))
                if(key[key_i] != s[key_i]):
                        main_cipher.append("1")
                        #print("Dodaje 1 na indexie => "+str(key_i)+" z porówniania cyfry klucza: "+str(klucz[key_i])+", oraz tekstu: "+str(s[key_i]))
                        key_i += 1
                else:
                        main_cipher.append("0")
                        #print("Dodaje 0 na indexie => "+str(key_i)+" z porówniania cyfry klucza: "+str(klucz[key_i])+", oraz tekstu: "+str(s[key_i]))
                        key_i += 1
Don't iterate over range(len(something)) (here is a more detailed explanation of why not). Here you seem to be iterating over two things, so you can xor them. That's what zip is for. zip('ABC', '321') creates a generator that outputs [('A', '3'), ('B', '2'), ('C', '1')]. So:

for plain_char, key_char in zip(plain_text, key):
    if plain_char == key_char:
        cipher.append('1')
    else:
        cipher.append('0')
To not encode punctuation, just add another if clause at the beginning (and make the first if clause an elif):

if plain_char in ',.!?':
    cipher.append(plain_char)
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I do not know if we understood each other well, I mean that the condition should check every element of plaintext and key and when it encounters a comma it skips it and no append is executed
Oh, the main_cipher.insert call confused me. If you don't want to insert it, just use pass or continue there.
I wish you happiness.
Unfortunately, I want to insert a comma, and I have a problem, how can I make it invisible to the if statement, but it was still physically. Sory for not precisly descibe my problem
I'm completely lost by what you want to do with the comma, or what you mean by "invisible to the if statement." Perhaps you could provide a short example of inputs and outputs so I could see what you are trying to do.
I wish you happiness.
I'm so sory that you are fell lost. Fortunatly with your litle help i solved my problem. Have nice day :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ignore WakeWord after it's said Extra 2 1,137 Apr-01-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Extra
  How to ignore "Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=2, read=5, redirect=5, status=None))" const 3 2,635 Mar-26-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: ndc85430
  [solved] unexpected character after line continuation character paul18fr 4 3,292 Jun-22-2021, 03:22 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character siteshkumar 2 3,106 Jul-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Ignore first few letters of a line when reading file. ShakeyPakey 16 6,180 May-30-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: BitPythoner
  How to ignore empty columns from DB? Winfried 1 2,245 May-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: menator01
  How to make the script ignore down devices. wagnergt12 4 3,130 Apr-20-2020, 11:45 PM
Last Post: wagnergt12
  Regex ignore JohnnyCoffee 1 2,550 Mar-16-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: scidam
  how can i handle "expected a character " type error , when I input no character vivekagrey 2 2,673 Jan-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: vivekagrey
  Ignore Folder Evil_Patrick 3 3,641 Oct-29-2019, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis