Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the beginning...
My first computer (read: programmable thing) was either a HP-29C, an IBM 1130, a 6502 breadboard, or a rather big (a full wall) analog computer (the HP being the personal one). Then I got two HP-41C, a PC-XT (wrote C and assembler on it), a PS/2-77 (running OS/2!), then various home-made systems, usually dual-booting Windows and Linux.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Oct-04-2016, 06:05 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I've done a lot of basement programming (not serious) with Tiger Line Files You can still get them from https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/dat...-line.html
they used to be line segments and you had to connect them end to end to draw your maps. Today they are esri format shape files (polygons).
Cool!
PolyDist is the python-3 fork of my very first "real" programme (in Matlab) and so for nostalgic purposes I'll always be fascinated by any sort of geometric application of coding. :)

Quote:You've probably familiar with Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS) first invented by Amateur Radio.
Yup - I use APRS most of the time I'm talkin'.
Editor: Atom with Material Syntax UI and the Termination terminal plugin

Micah 6:8
I'm a hambo! have been for many years original novice license 1971

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get started with Eric from the very beginning apollo 4 6,059 Oct-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Last Post: j.crater