Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inline code tag
lol i must be color blind. I hardly see the blue tint with the white background of the forum. But the border makes it noticeable. I could care less though of the style, because i just use bold
Recommended Tutorials:
It could just be your monitor. To my eyes, the blue tint is extremely noticeable.
Dear Santa, thanks for the presents. For what I see I know have two to []play[] with...

Please forward my congratulations to Smop.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
Here is an example, where the inline code formatting starts at the end of the line and continues on to the next one. I would have expected all to start on the new line only. The display will change depending on size of browser window. Compare screenshot:

[Image: 5A3MjNU.png]
What is the URL for this to view and test?
There's a few bugs in the way inline code tags work, as well as a few others in other custom tags.
I wrote a plugin which should fix that, and I'm about to add it to the forum.
OK that is great stranac!

metulbur, did you accidentally edit my post? Here is the link to that other post I showed for your comparison: http://python-forum.io/Thread-how-do-i-a...83#pid5983
That should be it...
The only things that work right now for inline code are [icode]code[/icode] and `code`, I have disabled the rest.

If anyone notices any bugs,let me know.
Can you look at why all code tag automatic convert to lower case.

input:
class Foo():
   var = 'HELLO'
   pass

class Foo():
   var = 'HELLO'
   pass
Output:
class Foo():    var = 'HELLO'    pass
Just about to head for work, but I'll take a look at that as soon as I'm back.
(Dec-09-2016, 01:04 PM)Kebap Wrote: Here is an example, where the inline code formatting starts at the end of the line and continues on to the next one. I would have expected all to start on the new line only. The display will change depending on size of browser window. Compare screenshot:

[Image: 5A3MjNU.png]

Here is the link to that post I showed for your comparison: http://python-forum.io/Thread-how-do-i-a...83#pid5983

This issue is still happening.

There was another thread about the same functionality (now as a mybb plugin) which I have now closed and link here for your reference:
http://python-forum.io/Thread-Created-a-...-code-tags

FYI, in that other thread, some problems with the WYSIWYG display have been pondered but not fixed, as they were already here prior to pluginisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question inline images rootsmusic 1 2,298 Apr-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Axel_Erfurt
  inline Skaperen 0 1,625 Oct-13-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  friendly redirect pages -> inline success msg metulburr 1 3,997 Sep-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: nilamo