Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inline code tag
I'll take a look at that too, I believe it's just a simple css rule that needs to be added to prevent wrapping.

EDIT: Both issues have been fixed; the latter might require you to flush the cache (ctrl+f5).
Looks okay now.

Just a question about your plugin Custom Code Tags (1.1)
Can you talk a little about it in changelog thread.
Like the place where you store it,
think of access if someone suddenly go missing Wink
Quote:Like the place where you store it,

the fact that its a plugin it has to be in the plugin directory... 
./inc/plugins
and the filename based on diff change
customcodetags.php
and from just roaming around...the very bottom of global.css
Recommended Tutorials:
(Dec-13-2016, 04:11 PM)snippsat Wrote: Looks okay now.

Just a question about your plugin Custom Code Tags (1.1)
Can you talk a little about it in changelog thread.
Like the place where you store it,
think of access if someone suddenly go missing Wink

Yeah, I've been meaning to modify the thread to mirror the changes I've made (new plugin customecodetags.php, removed MyCodes, removed changes to class_parser.php, new styles in global.css).
I'll do that soon-ish, haven't had much time lately.
@[stranac]
That reminds me. Is there a way you can make your plugin add a select all option link above the syntax highlighted code box? There is a plugin existing and on the server for regular code tags to do this, but i couldnt get it to work with our syntax code box.
Recommended Tutorials:
It can probably be done, possibly even using the functionality of the syntax highlighter itself (since you can select everything by double clicking already).
I'll be heading out soon, and I won't have much free time until the weekend, so that's the earliest I'll be able to give it a closer look.
Could do a change to text eg Python Code:(Double click select all)
This give advice about this functionality.
(Dec-13-2016, 04:38 PM)snippsat Wrote: Could do a change to text eg Python Code:(Double click select all)
Done.
(Dec-13-2016, 04:38 PM)snippsat Wrote: Could do a change to text eg Python Code:(Double click select all)

I would prefer the end result of functionality of a link to do replicate the double clicking....but text i guess is OK for temporarily. 

I couldnt find where this code is that allows it to double click to select all, to replicate it in a link above.

Also there is a flaw with the current double click feature. If you double click the code, and click once more, you lose the selected code, as well as the syntax highlighted feature until you click off screen of the codebox to fix it. If it is possible to completely remake the select all instead of reusing this double click select all to create the link i think would be best to remove this flaw.

double
click
me
then
click
again,
then
try
to
double-click 
again
Of course this might be less of a problem if there was a link to click once, instead of accidentally clicking 3 times when you meant twice.
Recommended Tutorials:
There seems another issue with the way whitespaces are displayed. Two seperate space characters inside and outside the end tag (written like that by accident) get combined into the inline code unit with no more spaces towards the next word

[Image: Ek2Bea7.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question inline images rootsmusic 1 2,305 Apr-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Axel_Erfurt
  inline Skaperen 0 1,626 Oct-13-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  friendly redirect pages -> inline success msg metulburr 1 4,000 Sep-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: nilamo