Python Forum
Is the better way to save data on mysql?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the better way to save data on mysql?
Im trying to save the data scraped to mysql but i have this issues

no more support for MySQLdb, i have to use

import pymysql
pymysql.install_as_MySQLdb()
on settings file for adapt

1)

on python 3 %s is deprecated and i have to use .format

with the code:
def close(self, reason):
        csv_file = max(glob.iglob('*.csv'), key=os.path.getctime)       
        mydb = MySQLdb.connect(host='localhost',
                               user='demo',
                               passwd='123456',
                               db='testdb')
        cursor = mydb.cursor()

csv_data = csv.reader(open(csv_file))

row_count = 0
        for row in csv_data:
            if row_count != 0:
                cursor.execute("INSERT IGNORE INTO testtb(product, category) VALUES({},'{}'".format(*row))
            row_count += 1

mydb.commit()
        cursor.close()
i have the error
<bound method AutorSpider.close of <AutorSpider 'autor' at 0x7f64725d29b0>>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 151, in maybeDeferred
    result = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pydispatch/robustapply.py", line 55, in robustApply
    return receiver(*arguments, **named)
  File "/home/pc/Escritorio/fpyautor/fpyautor/spiders/autor.py", line 109, in close
    cursor.execute("INSERT IGNORE INTO autortb(frase, categoria) VALUES({},'{}')'".format(*row))
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py", line 170, in execute
    result = self._query(query)
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py", line 328, in _query
    conn.query(q)
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 516, in query
    self._affected_rows = self._read_query_result(unbuffered=unbuffered)
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 727, in _read_query_result
    result.read()
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 1066, in read
    first_packet = self.connection._read_packet()
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 683, in _read_packet
    packet.check_error()
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/protocol.py", line 220, in check_error
    err.raise_mysql_exception(self._data)
  File "/home/pc/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymysql/err.py", line 109, in raise_mysql_exception
    raise errorclass(errno, errval)
pymysql.err.ProgrammingError: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'titulo del item numero 1' at line 1")
is other simplier/eficcient way? because im saving the data at the end of the scraping task and if i got more results (3000 items )maybe this is a problem in future with bigger sites?