Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run Error
Hello community!
I'm very new to PyCharm.

Every time I save a project and I close it, and then reopen the project to run it, I get an error equals=2 please help! Cry

the error message is as follows:

Error:Cannot run program "/Users/Jakydadoun/PycharmProjects/Quest2.5/venv/bin/python" (in directory "/Users/Jakydadoun/PycharmProjects/Quest2.5"): error=2, No such file or directory

Thanks in advance! I'm using OSX
Hello and welcome!
According to the error message, did you check the mentioned location (/Users/Jakydadoun/PycharmProjects/Quest2.5/venv/bin/python) if python exists?
Hey J.crater! thanks for responding.

when i open quest2.5 there is no Venv file. should place one in there?

(Sep-23-2018, 03:35 PM)j.crater Wrote: According to the error message, did you check the mentioned location (/Users/Jakydadoun/PycharmProjects/Quest2.5/venv/bin/python) if python exists?

Ok so I placed the venv file in there and within venv, there IS bin/python. So I tried running it again and a new error pops up:

(null): can't open file '/Users/Jakydadoun/PycharmProjects/Quest2.5/Distance.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Again the message tells you exactly what the problem is. And since it happened again it is likely one of many problems.

Missing venv folder was first sign of something going wrong. I will assume the most probable reason for missing files and folders is you deleting them. Or maybe trying to move project from one place to another without taking all the required files and folders with it.

Or, I might rather ask... Did you create a new project in PyCharm with virtual environment in the first place?
Has the project ever worked (script executed successfuly) before the errors started? If yes, what changes did you make?