Bottom Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Is this morally wrong?
Understood.
I can see how I took this out of your intended context.
Phil
It seems like the main point here is how everyone is representing and marketing a product. Doesn't matter if that is a movie, music, book or a service. If they are unable to attract your money maybe they have to reconsider their strategy. Just putting a picture with a short description and a price is not enough these days. And something else... It's not only about the money. Paying for a service saves your time. I prefer to give money to someone and use the saved time to make more money than I gave.

And excuse me but most of the books are overpriced. You pay 100+ bugs for a pdf file and what?... No printing house. No paper and ink. No transport cost. They are not using a storehouse, no workers with their salaries, insurances etc. moving goods back and forth. It's just a website and a database. The HDD space is cheap.

And... I am shocked. $300+ for a textbook?! Sick Where I live this is more than half of one's salary. In such a circumstance it's not about the moral at all but the money. Big Grin
metulburr likes this post
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Well said Wavic.
And the fact is, for me, is I do choose to spend more money then I need to sometimes. Usually it's to support a local business or I'm doing business with someone and realize the extra money I could give them would mean a lot more to them than me being out the funds. In these two cases, I frequently will 'overpay' for a product or service.
Phil
Quote:And... I am shocked. $300+ for a textbook?! Sick Where I live this is more than half of one's salary. In such a circumstance it's not about the moral at all but the money.
That is not the highest priced book i have seen at college. The highest i have seen was $550. However most of the time people have TAP and PELL grants from federal and state. In a community college near me, that will fully cover tuition and their crazy high priced books. The even more diabolical scheme is the school buys the book back from you for $5 bucks and then resells in next semester for $20 less than the ticket price. Now the school is receiving the money from overpriced books.

Top Page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python got it right; ls got it wrong Skaperen 2 535 Aug-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Skaperen