Python Forum
Isn't anyone using HomeAssistant.io here?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't anyone using HomeAssistant.io here?
Hi,

I've been slowly learning about Home Assistant and looking forward to get into this project. I'm surprised searching here leads to no real results. Isn't anyone using HomeAssistant.io here? It's open-source, based on Python3, and supports more hardware than any other platform out there.

What gives?

Phil
I just haven't gotten into home automation. It seems cool, but I live in a small one bedroom condo. Everything is within 20 feet. In fact, I rearranged my desk so that I have to get up and move around more during the day.

And I'm always reminded of the automated home story where the couple comes back from vacation to a $8000 phone bill. Turns out the dog's barking was triggering long distance calls.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I tried that software, but couldn't get it to interact with my smart door lock even with a zwave dongle. Put several hours into it before giving up. Alexa handles my lights fine enough that I haven't wanted the extra complexity of anything additional.
Quote:I tried that software, but couldn't get it to interact with my smart door lock even with a zwave dongle.
Looks like you got a good door lock!
Ha. Would have been nicer if I could have a record of openings and be able to remotely lock/unlock and whatever else it would be awesome if it were capable of.
(Nov-06-2018, 05:52 AM)pcsailor Wrote: Isn't anyone using HomeAssistant.io here?
I guess i am old school. I never seen the need to dim or turn on lights or other home automation. I am also horrified by a story of a hacker turning on speakers onthe baby monitor and taunting the baby until the parents came and disconnected the wifi baby monitor in the middle of the night https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/ma...irl-n91546
I guess i just see bad things happening when i hook things up to software orinternet that doesnt need to be
Recommended Tutorials:
When I was a kid I built a bug, actually just a small transmitter I added to an AM radio (vacuum tubes back in the early 1950's). I put it on the mantle of the fireplace in out living room so I could spy on my parents. I thought they didn't know, but they did and played me for a few weeks before I discovered I was being hoodwinked.