Python Forum
Issue with Django only some links work?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Issue with Django only some links work?
I'm nowhere near a computer right now, but as any programmer does, you'll need to learn to be self sufficient. To help with that, perhaps it's a good idea to summarise the facts you've gathered so far in this investigation into the problem. That way, you can see if you notice any patterns and at the very least, find avenues for further investigation.

You might find that you need to gather more information. A couple things here:

1. Don't just read through your program, debug it. Print out relevant variables in different places and check their values. Where there are branches in the code, are the right ones being entered? Put some prints in the if/elif/else branches to see.

2. Can you concretely identify a set of steps necessary to reproduce the problem? Start from the beginning - does it happen when you enter a particular kind of data?

Let me tell you, investigation will be part of your job if you intend to work in this field. I have to do the above when our systems don't work as intended. In addition, I also have to investigate other problems to do with the data we hold (it comes to us from elsewhere in the company), performance issues and other things.

Also, databases are likely not going to be stored in a text file on disk, likely because there are advantages to storing things in binary (efficiencies I would guess). Get the SQLite command line tools as I suggested above if you want to peer inside the database.
OK so I guess I'm just on my own like usual.

All you ever say is to look at the code. I already have.
I'm locking both your threads, since there's nothing productive going on. If you still want help with this question, please make a proper post to ask, using the feedback you've received. I've put your posts in permanent moderation, and additional posts which don't follow the instructions you've been getting won't be approved.