Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julia to Python
Hello everyone,

Do anyone knows what is the equivalent of JuMP (a package from Julia that is used alongside with Cplex) for python? I am currently transferring a program from Julia to python. The Julia program uses Cplex and JuMP packages, but I do not know what packages I should use for the Python code besides the Cplex package.
Thank you for your help.
Maybe if you describe what these packages do.... For those of us who don't have Julia experience....
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-16-2018, 04:16 PM)ben_c Wrote: Hello everyone,

Do anyone knows what is the equivalent of JuMP (a package from Julia that is used alongside with Cplex) for python? I am currently transferring a program from Julia to python. The Julia program uses Cplex and JuMP packages, but I do not know what packages I should use for the Python code besides the Cplex package.
Thank you for your help.

Pyomo is by far the closest package in Python to JuMP in Julia. Be aware that both are solver agnostic: they allow you to define the optimisation problem in a nice mathematical formulation and comput information that the solver will need (like the Hessian), but then the real optimisation task is done by the solver engine.