Python Forum
Just a trial. For learning code tags
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a trial. For learning code tags
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB   vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv   kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk   pppppppppppppppppppp
Could you explain why this is here?
[pythonnnnnnnnnnnnnn   tttttttttttttttttt   cccccccccccccccccccccc    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy   hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  hhgffffffffff  bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb  uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  wwwwwwwwwwwwww   ttttttttttttttttttt  hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  nnnhhhhhhhhh ccccccccccccccccccc][/python]

I am learning because I had many remarks about the scripts I sent. Text as if it was code. I don't see the advantage. Can you give me some explanations. I don't easily understand the "help" about all these.
you mean code tags? Or in our case python, error, and output tags?

For starters python tags retain indentation, and gives the code a syntax highlighter, as well as separate it from other text.

error tags are for python tracebacks or other python errors, while output tags are for command line outputs. First of all it gives a color code for each one, and secondly it allows us to escape some HTML from it.

Putting all of these together when your text requires it makes it A LOT easier to read for readers. Otherwise you have issues such as not sure if the text is what you are saying to us, or whether its code or output. And you will just get more responses because its easier to read for people. A perfect example would be this post

If you need help with the format of BBCode tags you can read the help docs
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Not Using Code Tags micseydel 16 8,159 Dec-09-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: micseydel
  Please use code tags Larz60+ 28 15,732 Apr-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Do not know how to add "Code Tags" or "Error Tags" to my submissions mattkrebs 2 3,703 Mar-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Created a plugin for our code tags stranac 18 13,608 Dec-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap