Python Forum
KeyError: 1 on a simple loop?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KeyError: 1 on a simple loop?
Hello,

I have a dataframe, which represents the names of combinations, the people who characterize those combinations, and an average score per combination. Going through the dataframe from top to bottom, I would like to extract the combinations, so that one combination does not have the same person as another combination. Concretely, there should not be a person in several combinations.

Although not very elegant, I managed to create this algorithm. unfortunately I am getting an error that just only messes me up when I apply a filter on my dataframe. Here is a repeatable code that illustrates my example:

import pandas as pd
import numpy as np

#I initialize my lists
compo_df = []
group_df = []

#I create my dataframe
df = pd.DataFrame({'nom_combinaison': ['Compo1', 'Compo2', 'Compo3', 'Compo4','Compo5', 'Compo6', 'Compo7', 'Compo8'], 'prenom': ["[Personne3, Personne5, Personne6]", "[Personne3, Personne4, Personne11]", "[Personne9, Personne11, Personne12]", "[Personne8, Personne9, Personne12]", "[Personne1, Personne9, Personne12]", "[Personne3, Personne4, Personne8]", "[Personne1, Personne3, Personne4]", "[Personne3, Personne6, Personne10]"] , 'moyenne': np.random.randn(8)})

#HERE, THE LINE THAT MAKES MY PROGRAM BUILD. THE LATTER WORKS OK IF DELETED
df = df.loc[(df.moyenne > 0.2)]

#By default, I add the first element of combinations and people to my lists
compo_df.append(df["nom_combinaison"][0])
group_df.append(df["prenom"][0])

a_remplir = []

for i in range(0, len(df)): #I'm browsing my dataframe
	if len(set(df["prenom"][i]) & set(a_remplir)) == 0: #If the list "a_fill" does not contain an element similar to df ["first name"] [i]:
		print("combi %s : valeur %s"%(df["nom_combinaison"][i], df["prenom"][i])) #To help me, I display the elements
		compo_df.append(df["nom_combinaison"][i]) #I add the name of the combination to my list ...
		group_df.append(df["prenom"][i])# .... as well as the people
		print("Je met")
		for value in df["prenom"][i]: #And I add to "a_fill" the values ​​of the list of df ["firstname"] [i] to avoid having groups with similar people between them
			a_remplir.append(value)
			print(value)
	else:
		print("combi %s : valeur %s"%(df["nom_combinaison"][i], df["prenom"][i]))
		print("similitude : je rejette")
		print("\n")

print(list(set(compo_df)))
print((group_df))
The error returned is:

combi Combinaison_1 : valeur ['Personne3', 'Personne4', 'Personne11']
Je met
Personne3
Personne4
Personne11

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "delete.py", line 20, in <module>
    if len(set(df["prenom"][i]) & set(a_remplir)) == 0: #Si la liste "a_remplir"  ne contient pas d'élément semblable à df["prenom"][i] : 
  File "C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\series.py", line 871, in __getitem__
    result = self.index.get_value(self, key)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\indexes\base.py", line 4405, in get_value
    return self._engine.get_value(s, k, tz=getattr(series.dtype, "tz", None))
  File "pandas\_libs\index.pyx", line 80, in pandas._libs.index.IndexEngine.get_value
  File "pandas\_libs\index.pyx", line 90, in pandas._libs.index.IndexEngine.get_value
  File "pandas\_libs\index.pyx", line 138, in pandas._libs.index.IndexEngine.get_loc
  File "pandas\_libs\hashtable_class_helper.pxi", line 998, in pandas._libs.hashtable.Int64HashTable.get_item
  File "pandas\_libs\hashtable_class_helper.pxi", line 1005, in pandas._libs.hashtable.Int64HashTable.get_item
KeyError: 1
What happened ?
Thank you.