Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Bottom Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Last post" - go to first new post
So when I click on "Last post" next to a thread name on a sub-forum's thread-list, I will be taken to that thread's page at the exact point where the first new and unread post waits for me. That is, if I read the thread earlier and now come back when more posts have been added. That is a very useful feature I use often.

However now, I am searching for the same link with the same functionality located on the thread-page itself. I would assume it be somewhere in the top section next to name or thread rating or something alike. Other forums do have it there somehow. It just reads "Go to first unread post" or something like that. We don't yet have it here, do we?
Is there an option to view threads in reverse order?
the last post link will take you to exactly that...the last post regardless of whether it is unread or not. posts[-1] The little green arrow to the far left is the one that takes you to the first unread post in the thread, whether you have read it before or not.

Quote:However now, I am searching for the same link with the same functionality located on the thread-page itself.
I dont think mybb has this feature. Once you open the thread it assumes you have read the unread posts (i think).
*Describe the environment in which it occurs.                                    *Describe the symptoms of your problem clearly.
*Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem.      *Describe the goal, not the step. 
*Use meaningful, specific subject headers                                          *Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
*Describe the problem's symptoms, not your guesses                         *Describe your problem's symptoms in chronological order
*Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself.
*Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration. 
*Provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.
No, mybb still has that knowledge. When I open the thread's page, I will see a red text "Unread post" for all unread posts.
i think i understand. Do the same as the green arrow but within the thread, right? Im not sure. Let me check up on that.
*Describe the environment in which it occurs.                                    *Describe the symptoms of your problem clearly.
*Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem.      *Describe the goal, not the step. 
*Use meaningful, specific subject headers                                          *Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
*Describe the problem's symptoms, not your guesses                         *Describe your problem's symptoms in chronological order
*Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself.
*Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration. 
*Provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.

Top Page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get rid of default post content? metulburr 11 174 Sep-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  indents disappearing from output after previewing post Crackity 14 386 Jul-25-2017, 03:31 PM
  something went wrong in my post Skaperen 4 358 Mar-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  where has your https gone? re-post GustavoWoltmann 3 334 Mar-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: buran
  Can't post because I am a spammer? brianwithnoy 7 544 Feb-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Won't allow me to post a thread, I am new to this forum BurnedChipotle 4 674 Jan-28-2017, 11:13 PM
  Move database post Larz60+ 7 637 Dec-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Enable post edit JChris 4 567 Nov-13-2016, 04:18 PM
  Adding attachment to existing post Larz60+ 4 620 Oct-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  Post Edit Logs metulburr 2 537 Oct-05-2016, 02:42 PM