Python Forum
Learning techniques.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning techniques.
I've been learning python ( & sql) for a few months now. I'm having a little bit of a rough time remember the stuff i go through, main issue seems to be forgetting what comes when and exactly how the code is supposed to be structured.

I come from a very broad IT background where I basically was and still is a jack of all trades. This is a problem in the sense that I am an expert at nothing.

So i'm trying to get specalized in python & sql for future job security, but I was wondering if anybody here has any learning patterns that you could share?

When you work on something that is (to you) either difficult or timetaking, how do you avoid all these minor writing errors in your code?

What i've done so far is just make sure I save all the code i've ever used in a general folder and backtrack to that folder and pick out and proofread the stuff that is in there, but I'd rather just remember the syntax in my head automatically. Does this come with time?
I have been writing software since 1968. Whenever I stop using any language for more than a few months, I start to forget how to use it.
The way to remember, is to use it all the time, the more code you write, the more you remember the syntax.
One exception is Perl. If you leave a script for a week, you'll forget what it does, at least that has been my experience.
Watch what you are doing. Learn what your common mistakes are. Keep a list of them in your head. Double check that list against your code each time your write a new piece of it.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures