Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login Trouble
Having a problem when logging in and wondering if anyone else is encountering the same problem. I've tried both IE and Chrome. When I first go to the main page and click on the login button, I get the login/password box. After entering the information and clicking ok (or whatever it is), I'm told I have successfully logged in and takes me back to the main page. However, looking at the Title bar it still shows me as a guest and not logged in.  If I then click the "Portal" button, it shows me logged in and I can go about my business  :) .

EDIT:
Apparently, if I login directly thru the Portal and not the main page, there is no problem.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
I know. This forum is not yet stable after redirecting the new domain to it. Login is successful under metulburr.com, but fails on python-forum.io.
Recommended Tutorials:
OK, I'm not crazy :D 

Do you think it might be an idea to have a "Trouble Reporting" topic, at least during your shakedown? Any way, great job your doing!
The login issue should be fixed. LEt me know if you have any more problems. ;)
Recommended Tutorials:
OK, works fine now with Chrome, but not IE. I must have some setting active in IE, or MS is jazzing up IE trying to force me to use Edge :). either way, I'm a happy camper using Chrome.
Thanks
I switched to my Windows desktop and tried IE. It for me doesnt show any difference.
Recommended Tutorials:
Seems fine, tested with Firefox
Tested with Firefox again today, now I see the same strange behavior, showing Guest after Login, and User after simple refresh
Did you clear your cache?

This problem only existed beforehand because of a redirect issue.
Recommended Tutorials: